Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all as title when first started in the morning my 225 runs lumpy/misfires for like 5-10 seconds when it's cold after this its fine & drives well thereafter, is it coilpacks or something? Not really bothered about it, just don't want it to get worse & affect the drivablilty of the car.

Also the front offside wheel rubs on the inner arch when going round corners over a bump, i've had it lowered on APEX springs but surley these are designed for the TT & its on standard wheels so can't understand why its rubbing?

Thanks in advance.

Jay.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
jay_tt said:
Hi all as title when first started in the morning my 225 runs lumpy/misfires for like 5-10 seconds when it's cold after this its fine & drives well thereafter, is it coilpacks or something? Not really bothered about it, just don't want it to get worse & affect the drivablilty of the car.

Also the front offside wheel rubs on the inner arch when going round corners over a bump, i've had it lowered on APEX springs but surley these are designed for the TT & its on standard wheels so can't understand why its rubbing?

Thanks in advance.

Jay.
not sure about the rubbing with out seeing it.

It may well be one of the coil packs which are on a recall at audi.... give them a ring with your reg and book it in I had mine done last week free of charge of course !!!

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Do TT's suffer from sticky valves? Its quite common on Rover coupe turbos which manifests itself in lumpy running for literally a couple of minutes when cold. Worse in winter for obvious reasons. The engine sounds a tad Scoobyesque whilst running lumpy too. Of course this is a totally different car/engine, but you never know!

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
i dont know how bad yours is mate but i noticed every car ive had from old to new has run alot different cold to when its warmed up my tt doesnt feel quite right till the temp is 90 but thats only a few minutes my clio 182 wouldnt rev over 4k when cold not to let u wreck the VVT !.......

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
My 225 is a bit lumpy when idling cold and the revs fluctuate a bit. I spent a fortune changing coil packs and fixing air leaks etc. etc. and its still the same.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts