Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My car's engine mgmt light is on and came on a few days after I noticed that the car was juddering on idle and also slightly whilst moving.

I have not checked un-plugging the MAF yet, which I will do tonight, but my question is would a faulty MAF cause the engine mgmt light to come on as well as the judder on idle?

I have sufficient power and boost and recently had the clutch replaced as well as a new thermo and cam cover gasket.

Just wanted some thoughts and ideas that may put my mind to rest. Will obviously have to get it scanned soon too, but not able to for a few days!

Thanks as always :)

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Hmmm unplugging the MAF will cause the engine management light to come on, it may be the early signs of a failing coilpack or a vacuum boost leak maybe?

When you say juddering can you be more specific about when it happens on the move - just when you move off or all of the time when driving? does it stop at all or it it a continuous issue?

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours, it's a bit like the old computer IT departments classic response to any problem "turn it off and on again" :)

Charlie

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charlie,

Whilst driving (I double checked last night) there is no real juddering. It only happens on idle.

I am getting it scanned on Friday, but will the scan bring up problems like a coilpack on it's way out? I know if its a vacuum leak it will, but need the car sorted on Friday so hoping any problems can be diagnosed asap!

The battery was disconnected recently when I was having some work done to the car, and I must admit I noticed the problems after this had happened...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jen-TT said:
Yes faulty coilpacks will show up on a scan.
So it would also cause the engine mgmt light to come on?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
have you got software to do a scan mate?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
would you mind if I borrowed it, lol :lol:

or help me with a quick scan please?

Saves me going to a garage and maybe even fix the problem myself :eek:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
5UBY said:
would you mind if I borrowed it, lol :lol:

or help me with a quick scan please?

Saves me going to a garage and maybe even fix the problem myself :eek:
yeah no problem, im not around today but am tomorrow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.