Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys I hadn’t moved the car in 4 days and this morning when I got in early to go to the gym the car felt pretty rough,
once driving it seemed fine but then when I got to the gym car park and the car came to an idle it was hunting very quickly like a heart beat,
It was the same on the way to work and now I have come out for lunch with the vcom the revs are stable but high around 11k, when they are about 600 usually, I have run Vcom and these are the faults?

Any idea's

Also WTF is the smiley bloke about after the word void and WTF is it doing registering my max speed? I haven’t hit 100 in this in a while and I do vcoms regularly?

3 Faults Found:
17968 - Maximum Engine Speed Exceeded (Engine Warranty VOID! : - )
P1560 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16486 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70): Signal too Low
P0102 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16891 - Idle Control System RPM Higher than Expected.
P0507 - 35-00 - -
Readiness: 0000 0001[/u]

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmmm not as much as I sometimes do and never had this error?

I have unplugged my maf and it helped at first but its back to idling rough with it off?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Max engine speed is related to the RPMs isnt it.

that it has gone beyond the rev limiter?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bagseye said:

hmmm thats strainge dont remember raging it lately, the main issue I think is the MAF but why would it still be rough on idle when the maf plug is pulled?

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Stub said:
bagseye said:

hmmm thats strainge dont remember raging it lately, the main issue I think is the MAF but why would it still be rough on idle when the maf plug is pulled?
easy to do this if you miss a gear and drop it into too low a gear thus forcing the revs up (you can't get past the rev limiter just on the gas alone - unless the limiter has been removed on a remap).

Rough idle can be due to coilpack, but also possible its an air leak on the intake side... after the MAF.. this may be what makes it think MAF is readling low because the fuelling needed to get it to run reasonably suggests more air going in then the MAF is measuring...

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
caney said:
check you haven't got any vacuum leaks,check your vac hoses around the manifold area.
Ta Steve,

seems weird that the Maf has gone as I had a new one two months agao along with four new coils?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chip_iTT said:
Stub said:
bagseye said:

easy to do this if you miss a gear and drop it into too low a gear thus forcing the revs up (you can't get past the rev limiter just on the gas alone - unless the limiter has been removed on a remap).

Rough idle can be due to coilpack, but also possible its an air leak on the intake side... after the MAF.. this may be what makes it think MAF is readling low because the fuelling needed to get it to run reasonably suggests more air going in then the MAF is measuring...
Thx Chip, I have a spare Maf so maybe I will try putting my spare in? I have 4 coild also are they hard to change?

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Stub said:
seems weird that the Maf has gone as I had a new one two months agao
when i had an ITG cone filter on it killed about 3 mafs in a year because it vibrated too much breaking the sensor! back to standard airbox now,same maf a year on :)

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Stub said:
Chip_iTT said:
Stub said:
bagseye said:

Thx Chip, I have a spare Maf so maybe I will try putting my spare in? I have 4 coild also are they hard to change?
the point I was making is that the problem may not be the MAF, but an air leak in the intake on the engine side of the MAF before the turbo... or as Steve suggests in one of the vacuum pipes associated with the pre-turbo intake...

Changing coilpacks is easy for #1 and #2 and a little harder for #3 and #4 because of the vacuum piping above them. Look at Wak's site for more info http://www.wak-tt.com/225sparkplugs/225sparkplugs.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.