Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing as a aftermatket "stronger" maf? Since the car has been remapped it been eating them at a rate of about 2-3 a year. Or does anyone know if theres somthing that wears them out quicker that might be causing this [smiley=bigcry.gif]
Now i know there not greatly expensive to buy but its getting really annoying, and i never changed a single one before i started tinkering :roll:

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Maybe the filter isnt so good and is letting particles through and its damaging the maf over time? Thats only a guess, but i dont see how a maf can be damaged other than stuff hitting it.

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
Are you using genuine Bosch MAFs mate most of the cheap ones are crap

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
GroverUK said:
YELLOW_TT said:
Dont know mate! i just take it to the garage and let them do it :lol:

Might take it to phil instead this time. Do you know if he uses Bosch maf's Andy?
I would think so he knows how bad the others can be it is an easy DIY job if you get one I can swap it for you when you call tomorrow night

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
YELLOW_TT said:
GroverUK said:
YELLOW_TT said:
Dont know mate! i just take it to the garage and let them do it :lol:

Might take it to phil instead this time. Do you know if he uses Bosch maf's Andy?
I would think so he knows how bad the others can be it is an easy DIY job if you get one I can swap it for you when you call tomorrow night
Nice one [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Dont happen to know if tps sell them do you?

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
I would think they will have them in stock

1 - 15 of 15 Posts