Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

OK, I've been reading the forum on and off for a wee while now and have recently read a few threads praising MR. I initially talked myself out of getting it because it will hold no value/won't get the use from it blah blah blah, but I called the dealer yesterday to see if I could add it to my spec.

It sounds like it is phenomenal and I want a piece of that.

I haven't tried a car with it and probably won't, as I suspect my car is about to go confirmed.

Have I done the right thing? Should I phone the dealer back today and take it back off.

Typical driving is a short commute to work, about 12 miles each way, partly heavy traffic, partly dual carriageway. Weekends I like a good blast same as everyone else (following the rules of the road :wink: ). The car will never be used on a track.

Help!

Is this just pre-confirmation (is that even a word?) stress?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Having driven the car for nearly 5 months with Mag Ride, I'd recommend it to everyone! It makes such a difference when you're out on nice B-roads - I just came back from a week in Scotland (Fife area, St Andrews to be precise), and had loads of fun with Mag Ride on!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
If money is not a consideration either now or in the future (and it sounds like it isn't), then get it, why not?

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
For me there's a simple decision process here - Will you benefit from it sufficently to warrant the cost. In reality it's a simple cost benefit thing which depends on how you value £1500 (or whatever it costs) against how much you will use/notice/value the difference it brings. I think you are right about residuals.

Sounds (from what you have said) that you wouldn't get as much use as I would.

I have a daily 40 mile round trip of 95% lovely quiet rural roads and the obligatory week end blast.

I don't have it and to me I don't miss what I don't have.

To me it's about getting value from the option, whatever the option is. To others it's simply a matter of "I want it, I can afford it so therefore I must have it"

Depends on which camp you fall into really?

Hope that helps?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Given MR costs £1,100 (or thereabouts) ... it probably does warrant giving some thought before jumping in.

As Fin says, and as with any option - particularly the expensive ones, the MR would only be 'worth' it if you're going to benefit from it.

That said, if £1,100 is burning a hole in your pocket, it's possibly the defining option to go for on the new TT. In standard/comfort mode it improves the ride quality, in sport mode it firms the car up and improves the handling.

The TT handles well anyway, if you've never had it you probably won't miss it, a bit like Xenons. Given your commute it might not be necessary.

There's a difference between need, benefit, and want though ... as Tosh has previously said ... for me I think the MR is excellent, I use it (in sport mode I mean, for the pedants :wink: ) a lot and I love it ... had I not had it I would have enjoyed the TT anyway, however as I have it I can see huge benefit in it, it transforms the car ... buying the TT was a treat to myself, and it'll be my first and last TT, so I went to town a little bit and splashed out on the MR.

If money is tight, you might want to think again about it ... but if money's no option, or not a big deal at any rate, I'd fire the MR on as it really is good.

C.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies!

I do remember Tosh's post on need/benefit/want. I think that this option definitely falls into the 'want' category now.

I am going to go for it.

I think I'd regret not speccing it a few months down the road.

If the GF complains too much I'll just blame you guys, you talked me into it after all!!! :lol:

Maybe I'll need to add the cargo net option on now to hold the dog in place!! :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the GF complains too much I'll just blame you guys, you talked me into it after all!!!

Maybe I'll need to add the cargo net option on now to hold the dog in place!!
:oops: That doesn't read right at all, hope she doesn't see it. :lol:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
WOOF! :lol:

The MR is a very modern, state-of-the-art technology. To me it is what Audi stands for. It's also used on the Ferrari 559, Audi R8 (and rumoured to be on the next verion of the Porsche 911). Although it may not add much to the cars residual value, it will make it more desirable and will help someone choose to buy your car vs. another one with a similar spec, but no MR.
Also. it cannot be a retrofit, so if your 'want' it - you'll regret not speccing it now. I love it!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Dam it!! Dam it!! I was happy with my spec until now. I'm thinking my i want MR now. I drive 45 miles to work each day on country roads and MR sounds like it might make this more fun? What to do?? :twisted:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Whack01 said:
Dam it!! Dam it!! I was happy with my spec until now. I'm thinking my i want MR now. I drive 45 miles to work each day on country roads and MR sounds like it might make this more fun? What to do?? :twisted:
If you're considering the 19" RS4's, then I'd say that makes an even stronger case for MR. It will tame/control the ride without taking away the road-feel.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whack01 Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:47 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dam it!! Dam it!! I was happy with my spec until now. I'm thinking my i want MR now. I drive 45 miles to work each day on country roads and MR sounds like it might make this more fun? What to do??
:lol:

sorry mate!!!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
mark_s said:
If the GF complains too much I'll just blame you guys, you talked me into it after all!!!

Maybe I'll need to add the cargo net option on now to hold the dog in place!!
:oops: That doesn't read right at all, hope she doesn't see it. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.