Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, hope your all doing well :)
I’m in need of a 3” Down pipe for cheap
I’ve looked into this
And I’m very close to getting it
But has Anyone else had this?
In the description it says for the Uk specs it needs an extra gasket and flange where do I get that from?
Thanks everyone :)

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
It comes with those gaskets you see, they are card board with silver foil and just disappear. It'll probably be okay on the flange..

If you don't do something with the post cat sensor you'll get p420 errors and an EML. Assuming you have a BAM?

·
Registered
2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It comes with those gaskets you see, they are card board with silver foil and just disappear. It'll probably be okay on the flange..

If you don't do something with the post cat sensor you'll get p420 errors and an EML. Assuming you have a BAM?
thanks a lot for the advice
I’m looking at some gaskets that are better
Are these any good
Also yes as soon I put it all together I will be mapping it out as soon as possible

·
Registered
2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Sorry for the late reply been busy at work and yes sir I do have a BAM

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
thanks a lot for the advice
I’m looking at some gaskets that are better
Are these any good
Also yes as soon I put it all together I will be mapping it out as soon as possible
No they are the bad gaskets. The one supplied for the bottom joint will be ok, but for the turbo to downpipe you need one of these AUDI A3 8L Exhaust Gasket Seal 8L9253115A NEW GENUINE | eBay
A bit dearer but will arrive quicker Audi TT 8N A3 8L Exhaust Manifold Gasket Seal New Genuine 8L9253115A | eBay

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Those gaskets above are for a ko3 fwd.

The correct gaskets with a 225 kit are more like this (shape wise) 3 hole downpipe to turbo, 2 hole downpipe to sports cat / de-cat

These just show the 2 normal gaskets required, the turbo to downpipe is the most important and an Audi stock gasket is fine. I haven't bothered with a downpipe to cat pipe. Just a silicon sealant. ( make sure you use the correct exhaust compound pre cat otherwise, normal firegum etc will break the cat and / or sensor )

Font Line Tool Auto part Automotive exterior

Oooo look Drenza do a ceramic coated downpipe with v-band for the de-cat pipe..

Hand tool Tool Bicycle part Office supplies Automotive exhaust

It looks like they modified the pipes to assist with fitment, the little extra movement before the flexi.

I have a pipewerx, and previously I had an ebay. I broke the ebay downpipe when I reversed over a raised drain, it broke the drain as well as the downpipe. I think the sports cat will be better in the pipewerx.

Note: there are some good looking downpipes from Europe but the Arc is not suitable for RHD cars, there's not enough space. If you look at the pipewerx initial curve from turbo it'll fit easily, some of the left hand drive versions will interfere with the brakes / clutch pipes as the master cylinder is on the other side

·
Registered
2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you everyone
It has been a great help
I have decided to go for the Gravity Downpipe
As I have bought from Gravity before and they work perfectly fine ie FMIC, Charge pipe …

1 - 20 of 20 Posts