Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,
I have a 2006 TT, 1.8, manual gearbox, less than 45k mileage.
Yesterday, I drove carefully through the flooded streets of Cambridge, nothing worrying, arrived home, parked. Everything ok. Today, i switched the engine on, tried to reverse to leave my drive way, a noise....tried again, the same, tried first gear, nothing...the gearbox in neutral, the car engine on, no failure signal on the dashboard, the car though doesnt go anywhere as i m unable to use the gearbox. Light spillage (few drops) from exhaust after trying to reverse. Some light spillage as well at the the front left hand side. I rung my Audi road assistance, i am waiting for them now. What shall i expect? i browsed some similar topics on the internet, some speak of gearbox damage/replacement of ££££k, is it true? Obviously, I am a female and I dont know what to expect! Thanks in advance for your guidance. ~Manya

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,342 Posts
Hi Manya, Hopefully just a coincidance, can't see how the water could have caused gearbox failure. Probably a linkage prob.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
I hope you haven't had the same problem I did. I had a 1.8 225 mk 1. Same thing occurred after 4 years (33k miles). I couldn't get reverse, 1st or 2nd. Cause was broken selector fork. Cost me £1850 although that was because I used Birmingham Audi who charged something ridiculous like £135 per hour labour.

Fingers crossed yours is a different problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts