Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right - bought some Audi BBS speedlines with offset 54 with 5 x 112 so need adaptors.

My question is what is the max adaptor width I can get away with as have found some with 30mm front and rear.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
1sttt said:
Not sur on the max but most go with 15 front 20 rear . I thinks with 30 mm they are going to rub like hell .
30's wont rub as the offset of the wheel is so weak anyway. Original TT alloys ET35 - 20mm spacers equals ET15.... his wheels ET54 -30mm equals ET24..... won't rub

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stealth69 said:
really??? ET54....... christ chap that is weak, what width are the wheels ? even with the 30mm spacers you are only JUSt going to be over normal TT stance.

30mm Hub adapters should be fine.
Well I thought standard TT wheels were approx Et 32 so adaptors, which I HAVE to get anyway for the alloys to fit, would be like getting a 7mm spacer on the standards.

I want the wheels on and need the adaptors so 7-8 mm is better than nothing lol....??

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
AdamG said:
Stealth69 said:
really??? ET54....... christ chap that is weak, what width are the wheels ? even with the 30mm spacers you are only JUSt going to be over normal TT stance.

30mm Hub adapters should be fine.
Well I thought standard TT wheels were approx Et 32 so adaptors, which I HAVE to get anyway for the alloys to fit, would be like getting a 7mm spacer on the standards.

I want the wheels on and need the adaptors so 7-8 mm is better than nothing lol....??
yeah you are going to be 7mm over std rims which everyone then goes and spaces out by 20mm LOL

They'll look nice dude, just make sure you get good quality adapters and bolts :D

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1sttt said:
Never clocked that
Lol thought as much. I was initially looking at 15/20mm adaptors so really I should AT LEAST get 30mm, if not more....

Only concern is will that be ok safety-wise?? Not too clued up on adaptor/spacer safety....

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,360 Posts
Hi Adam, Depends on wheel width, but you probably could use 35mm bolt on adaptors without probs, but won't be cheap.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
AdamG said:
I know lol but think I may have sourced some 30mm adaptors.

Some stance is better than no stance I guess!! :?
It's the beauty ofc ar modding dude.... if you are happy then nobody else opinion counts... modding of cars is an expression of personality and taste, it's like fashion LOL

Get it sorted dude and post some pics up :D

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gazzer said:
with standard oem wheels i went 15 front 25 rear and np's
Imagine that looks good and was the kind of stance I wanted myself. However with the awkward offset reckon an extra 8mm over standard is prob as good as I'll get without spending a lot of wedge on adaptors.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stealth69 said:
AdamG said:
I know lol but think I may have sourced some 30mm adaptors.

Some stance is better than no stance I guess!! :?
It's the beauty ofc ar modding dude.... if you are happy then nobody else opinion counts... modding of cars is an expression of personality and taste, it's like fashion LOL

Get it sorted dude and post some pics up :D
Yeah the car is all pretty much standard other than a few bits but I have a number of bits sitting in the garage all to be fitted this week. :)

I'll do some before and after pics to see what you guys think.... :p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts