Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted earlier about a few problems I've been having with my recent purchase of a 07 fsi s tronic tt.

The two main problems are that it is jerky when reversing and I have noticed that on a few occasions it has not changed gear leaving me to change it myself with the paddles as I would be in 2nd gear doing 40mph.

I have a three month warranty. I'm wondering is it worth me going to Audi and getting a "health check" Before I call them back to make sure everything else is fine with the car.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Widdlez said:
I posted earlier about a few problems I've been having with my recent purchase of a 07 fsi s tronic tt.

The two main problems are that it is jerky when reversing and I have noticed that on a few occasions it has not changed gear leaving me to change it myself with the paddles as I would be in 2nd gear doing 40mph.

I have a three month warranty. I'm wondering is it worth me going to Audi and getting a "health check" Before I call them back to make sure everything else is fine with the car.
Do you mean get a health check and then if it throws anything up get the problems corrected under the 3 month warranty?? No idea what they charge but bound to be extortionate.

It does sound like mechatronic failure - hopefully your warranty will cover it. Best get it sorted asap.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
I you do a bit of googling, the failure to change gear could be a clutch pack. And the kangaroo petrol is a mechatronic unit failure. Sorry, but I suspect you need a whole new gearbox. Who is the warranty with?

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
No, I think it's fine. From ADAC figures (the German AA) between 5% and 10% of S-tronic gearboxes have issues. Once it's fixed you'll have 2 years warranty on the parts they replace. Yes, it's a bit of buggeration, but once it's fixed you'll forget all about it, except every time someone asks about buying a used S-tronic you'll make sure they get a good warranty!

·
Registered
210 Posts
wja96 said:
No, I think it's fine. From ADAC figures (the German AA) between 5% and 10% of S-tronic gearboxes have issues. Once it's fixed you'll have 2 years warranty on the parts they replace. Yes, it's a bit of buggeration, but once it's fixed you'll forget all about it, except every time someone asks about buying a used S-tronic you'll make sure they get a good warranty!
Please pardon my ignorance, but is it possible to get a warranty for my 3.2 V6 S-tronic if I've bought it privately? If so, can you recommend someone for me to use? It's just for peace of mind more than anything else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts