Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, iv had my TT afew months now so thought I would start a build thread.
Firstly it's a 2001 225 coupe, demin blue, full heated black leather, black interior, Bose, xenons really well spec'd and lovely to drive. Also came with 18" r32 alloys.

Here's How it looked when I 1st got it:

The 1st thing I did was to debadged the rear and sprayed the valance and front Audi rings sparkling graphite.

Then came a wash and wax, and a LCR Splitter.

I then bought a nuespeed air filter but wasn't paying an extra £120 for the heat sheild so turned this...

Into this...

As you can see in the pictures I also fitted a silicone TIP and a Baileys DV
The car also got remapped my shark Proformance at the gti international show. Couldn't resist :p

Sorry about all the sort lines and photos, pretty hard doing is on my phone.

CV boot went :(

But fixed all that now, and also got some poly dog bone mount bushes from a mate of mine who kindly fitted them too. They make a hell of a difference to the gear change and would recommend everyone do it :)

Just the brakes that I painted red left really, and the all red brake light sticker, kindly provided for free by a very generous member on here:

That's it so far, hope you like. All comments etc welcome.
Coilovers are next on the list I think closely followed by some rotiform :D

Danny

·
Registered
84,234 Posts
Coming along nice just try not th spend to much cash :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sense a slight hint of sarcasm lol, I'm 20 and a student so working on a tight budget. But hopefully will look decent when it's done :)

Thanks, the splitter does make the front end look alot better.
And yeh looking to get D2NMY for Danny but £510 lol

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Looking good Kido, well done and keep the pics coming..... [smiley=dude.gif]

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
The more I see LCR splitters, the more I want to get one for my shed.

Looking good though matey!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Dannymellor said:
Hi, iv had my TT afew months now so thought I would start a build thread.
Firstly it's a 2001 225 coupe, demin blue, full heated black leather, black interior, Bose, xenons really well spec'd and lovely to drive. Also came with 18" r32 alloys.

Here's How it looked when I 1st got it:

The 1st thing I did was to debadged the rear and sprayed the valance and front Audi rings sparkling graphite.

Then came a wash and wax, and a LCR Splitter.

I then bought a nuespeed air filter but wasn't paying an extra £120 for the heat sheild so turned this...

Into this...

As you can see in the pictures I also fitted a silicone TIP and a Baileys DV
The car also got remapped my shark Proformance at the gti international show. Couldn't resist :p

Sorry about all the sort lines and photos, pretty hard doing is on my phone.

CV boot went :(

But fixed all that now, and also got some poly dog bone mount bushes from a mate of mine who kindly fitted them too. They make a hell of a difference to the gear change and would recommend everyone do it :)

Just the brakes that I painted red left really, and the all red brake light sticker, kindly provided for free by a very generous member on here:

That's it so far, hope you like. All comments etc welcome.
Coilovers are next on the list I think closely followed by some rotiform :D

Danny
What paint did you use?

·
Registered
84,234 Posts
Pppricey said:
What paint did you use?
best paint by far is japlac you can get it from B&Q been using it on my calipers for over 20 years easy to use lasts for years

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
merlin c said:
Looking good Kido, well done and keep the pics coming..... [smiley=dude.gif]
Thanks mate, and I will do :) prefere to let the pictures do the talking rather than me babbling on.

L0z said:
The more I see LCR splitters, the more I want to get one for my shed.

Looking good though matey!
And again thanks mate, get it done.. Mine cost £20 off another forum and was practically new.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[/quote]
What paint did you use?[/quote]

Just some red engine lacquer from motorsave. Seems ok so far 1st time iv ever painted calipers so you might be better off taking the above advice :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Been spending some money this week, also been busy with some DIY

1st was the adjustable tie bars to adjust the camber when I come to lower it on coilovers:

Next was my DIY rear seat delete.
Took out the rear seats and sized up a PVC tube (cheap ino haha) for the strut.

Next I pile lined where the rear bench went:

Me and a mate then carpeted it out. Matches pretty well with standard carpet. Also changed the PVC strut haha for a aluminum one.

Next bought myself some Rotiform BLQs

Also Ordered my coilovers on monday, hopefully will be here on thursday which is my day off so hopefully get them fitted too.

Danny

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wont haha,
I was going to post, would 20mm on the rear and 10mm on the front with it been a Quattro? Or would i be better with the same all round?

Cheers

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really do HATE!!!! Fitting coilovers, but I LOVE the result :)

Finally got round to fitting my coilovers and wheels...
Here's a quick picture during as it was too dark after to get a decent picture.

Also since fitting had to raise the front about an inch as the inside of the tyre and wheel was hitting the springs :(

I will get some good pictures up soon :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks mate, the standard silver paint on them was flaking off so gave them a quick coat. I want them gold to be honest so might get round to doing it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.