Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They look so much clearer in the flesh

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gazzer said:
Was is Was lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: sharp tonight old fella, you been at the **** again, or maybe a new tattoo on your nose

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
There so good, how much for the finished job mate?

heatgun, warm, warmer, too hot.. open light jobby?

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Charlesuk said:
There so good, how much for the finished job mate?

heatgun, warm, warmer, too hot.. open light jobby?
Used a hair dryer Charles. Whole job cost me less than £100, that's angel eyes, spray primer, gloss black and smoked tinting spray.

·
Registered
416 Posts
woooo tell me more. where did u get them from :p
also could u give me some info on ur grill please is it a v6 or aftermarket

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i have bugs in my headlights, this has been on my list for a while now!!

merlin c said:
Used a hair dryer Charles. Whole job cost me less than £100, that's angel eyes, spray primer, gloss black and smoked tinting spray.
sounds so easy..... :roll:

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jamie408 said:
The grill is standard facelift model part, just resprayed gloss black and new smaller Quattro red on black badge applied. as for the full job let me put something together tonight at work and Ill post it. If you go back to page one here you can see the steps I took.

·
Registered
416 Posts
merlin c said:
jamie408 said:
The grill is standard facelift model part, just resprayed gloss black and new smaller Quattro red on black badge applied. as for the full job let me put something together tonight at work and Ill post it. If you go back to page one here you can see the steps I took.
what year is the facelift from merlin? im new to the vag scene so u have not got the eyes off ebay n fitted urself uve made them? :p

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jamie408 said:
merlin c said:
jamie408 said:
what year is the facelift from merlin? im new to the vag scene so u have not got the eyes off ebay n fitted urself uve made them? :p
Facelift model is late 2002 onwards I believe. The angel eyes I got from Was here on the forum, pm him if you want to know more, I then sprayed the silver inserts gloss black and fitted them myself..

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Nice work Merlin, they look really nice :D

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
tricklexxx said:
Nice work Merlin, what did you use to secure the CCFLs into the light unit?
For the large cfl's there are clips which also hold its cable out of the way and on the small ones I cut part of the insert away then taped the ring in place as shown in the picture then I used epoxy resin to secure a small section, the wooden pick shows where in the pictures. You can see the clips in the last picture of the large ring.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts