Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Not yet officially published on the main VW page...
But here for your pleasure are advanced links for the latest 2021-2022 MIB2 maps.

EU
EU.png
Download Link

ROW
ROW.png
Download Link
Edit 26/05: Looks like VW have resolved the CDN issues. Download now working successfully.

The VW website aborts the RoW download after about 8MB. My guess is this is due to some kind of synchronisation error in Azure CDN. Note the mention of 8MB chunking. You can use the attached Windows app to force the download to complete. It uses byte-range file requests to ensure the entire file is downloaded.
View attachment MapDownloader.zip
Special thanks to Mokorx who successfully tested installing the RoW update for me.

Enjoy! :p

Attachments

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tebor123 said:
Many thanks for this. Downloading now!
NP

LOL It's amazing what you can find on the internet, init?

Downloaded and successfully installed on the car here already.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mokorx said:
ROW link starts download but stop after <10 MB.
You are correct. Sorry about that - I can only assume a partial upload at VW end. I have removed the link for now.

I will check to see if they resolve it in the coming days as they prepare for the official release.

I did fully download and install the 25.8GB EU update, so can confirm that link is valid.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bainsyboy said:
Hi. Does this work on all the tt's in the same way I used to download off of Audi site or do I have to tweak something else. Car is on a 16 plate but 17 model
It works in the exact same way as your official download from your MyAudi account. Except that you can still access and download the update if your 3 years of maps updates via MyAudi have officially expired. Audi only allow you to download the last official update that will install on your car.

However if your updates have expired the download will be useless to you unless you've also had your car's licence key file modified to extend your licence period.

A 2017 model's 3 years of updates will already have expired, unless of course you paid to have them extended.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi fellow TT owners,

I realise I am new to this forum and about a month and a half late on this thread, but I have been reading the posts and its very useful information indeed! Shout out to pcbbc for providing us the map links and guide on how to do it.

I would be very grateful if I could get some guidance please!

I got a 2016 TTS coupe and it has the satnav and original maps installed, so obviously I am looking to update the maps if I can...
I visited the myaudi website but it says there are no map updates currently available. I tried it via Chrome and Microsoft Edge but I got the same result. The internet explorer version of the myaudi page wouldn't even load!
Then I found this thread and pcbbc's guide on downloading the VW Golf maps and installing them on the TT.

I will check if my map licence is expired but I need some help as its the first time I do this. How do I check if the map licence is expired or not in my car? (I am pretty sure that my car has 2016 maps installed but I will double check)

So far I have downloaded the VW Golf EU maps from 2015 onwards (P189_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT), I unzipped it and stored it on a SD card, so the top directory is named: "P189_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT" and once you open it you have the "MIB1, MIB2 and the file metainfo2.txt" inside it. I guess the file layout is correct and ready to be installed in the car once I plug it in the MMI? Or should the SD card open directly at the MIB1, MIB2 and the metainfo2.txt files instead?

I am currently in the process of downloading the 2021-2022 EU maps (P192_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT) from the link on this thread by pcbbc, and I will follow the same procedure as before to get it unzipped and transferred on an SD card ready to be installed in the car.

Question is, before I risk messing up my satnav, which version can I install?
-The 2015 onwards? Or the 2021/2022?

Can we really install the VW maps into the Audi?

What happends if my maps licence has expired? How can I install the 2021/2022 maps?

Thank you all in advance for your help and advice!

·
Registered
2 Posts
pcbbc said:
Not yet officially published on the main VW page...
But here for your pleasure are advanced links for the latest 2021-2022 MIB2 maps.

EU
View attachment 2 Download Link

ROW
View attachment 1 Download Link
Edit 26/05: Looks like VW have resolved the CDN issues. Download now working successfully.

The VW website aborts the RoW download after about 8MB. My guess is this is due to some kind of synchronisation error in Azure CDN. Note the mention of 8MB chunking. You can use the attached Windows app to force the download to complete. It uses byte-range file requests to ensure the entire file is downloaded.
Special thanks to Mokorx who successfully tested installing the RoW update for me.

Enjoy! :p
Hi pcbbc,

I realise I am new to this forum and about a month and a half late on this thread, but I have been reading the posts and its very useful information indeed! Thank you for providing us the map links and guide on how to do it.

I would be very grateful if I could get some guidance please!

I got a 2016 TTS coupe and it has the satnav and original maps installed, so obviously I am looking to update the maps if I can...
I visited the myaudi website but it says there are no map updates currently available. I tried it via Chrome and Microsoft Edge but I got the same result. The internet explorer version of the myaudi page wouldn't even load!
Then I found this thread and your guide on downloading the VW Golf maps and installing them on the TT.

I will check if my map licence is expired but I need some help as its the first time I do this. How do I check if the map licence is expired or not in my car? (I am pretty sure that my car has 2016 maps installed but I will double check)

So far I have downloaded the VW Golf EU maps from 2015 onwards (P189_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT), I unzipped it and stored it on a SD card, so the top directory is named: "P189_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT" and once you open it you have the "MIB1, MIB2 and the file metainfo2.txt" inside it. I guess the file layout is correct and ready to be installed in the car once I plug it in the MMI? Or should the SD card open directly at the MIB1, MIB2 and the metainfo2.txt files instead?

I am currently in the process of downloading the 2021-2022 EU maps (P192_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT) from the link on this thread posted by you, and I will follow the same procedure as before to get it unzipped and transferred on an SD card ready to be installed in the car.

What happens if my maps licence has expired? How can I install the 2021/2022 maps?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice!

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2016TTS said:
The 2015/2017 onwards just refers to the VW Golf models to which this update is applicable. This update is good for MK3 TT 2014 onwards as well, and will contain the exact same files and map data as the official Audi download. It's just that Audi filter who can see their downloads (only if you are still within your licence period) whereas VW do not (as VW users get free lifetime updates - go figure).

So you can just install the 2021/2022 update. In fact it is officially available now from the VW downloads page.

There is very little (next to none) risk with installing an update. Either the nav will accept it, or it will not e.g. wrong update, or out of licence period. If it fails your current old maps will continue working.

Yes. Many, many users on here done this.

What happens if my maps licence has expired? How can I install the 2021/2022 maps?
The MIB unit will refuse to instal the update.

Pay to have your licence period extended via Audi, a 3rd party, or follow the directions on the firmware update thread (pages 20 and 21).

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
chelspeed said:
The new maps are not yet on MyAudi. Seems VW are quicker off the mark. I hope to see them on there any time now.
Not that quick since it took them the best part of 2 months to get their customer facing website updated to include the downloadlink, despite uploading the file to their CDN servers at the start of May.

But yes, quicker than MyAudi&#8230;. Usually by a long shot.

·
Registered
48 Posts
pcbbc said:
It's just that Audi filter who can see their downloads (only if you are still within your licence period) whereas VW do not (as VW users get free lifetime updates - go figure).
What!!? VW gets free lifetime update while Audi pays for it!?
How are we ok with this!!?
How long is this happening ? (the free VW update thing)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts