Audi TT Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
kevin#34 said:
technically speaking is surely possible, but in practical terms very improbable, I guess
Im asking because I meet 2 different people who can do this.

Not planning on going to Audi for anything simple anymore. But if I go to Audi for something major. I don't know whether I should delete the modification beforehand or not.
Idk how deep they go in to the diagnostics and how easily the mod shows.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
andrianna said:
Not planning on going to Audi for anything simple anymore. But if I go to Audi for something major. I don't know whether I should delete the modification beforehand or not.
Idk how deep they go in to the diagnostics and how easily the mod shows.
My car has been back to the Audi dealer in the UK after being "modified", and they didn't say or do anything.

Of course they could, but remember that Audi garages are franchise dealerships. It's really not in their interest to mightily piss off a paying customer.

I would imagine the situation is much the same as having your car mapped. Your still covered by the manufactures warranty, except for the modified systems. So if you extend your maps and tried to claim for warranty work on the MIB unit, it's then you might run into trouble. Otherwise they probably won't even notice, or at worst will just ignore it, and you will be fine.

Also any professional retrofitter/upgraded should be providing a warranty on their own work, so you'd take the system back to them if there's a problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Pcbbc,
That's a relief.
Not planning on doing any electrical repairs with them. But I am pondering on the idea to repair my super sport seat frame.

So it's good to hear that this will not be an issue.

The garages that do this map activation are of good reputation and are specialized in VW family group.

·
Registered
464 Posts
When my tt goes to audi for a service I tell them that I don't want updates in any modules and make sure it is written on the work sheet . I have done retrofits codings and adaptions in every module on my car . I had a mate who took is s5 to derby audi for a service they did routine software updates and came back with the retrofitted cruise not working . They wouldn't even re code . After a heated discussion the paid for a third party to do it

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's crazy Tony. I don't have any experience in this subject. As my car is 100% unmodified.
The only thing I will do is the Map unlock thingy. Because I cannot stomach the thought that VW gives the same update free while they see Audi owners as people with too much cash.
Im ok with 250Eur price if its like 3 updates.

I will remember what you told me regarding the "dont touch my MMI" warning on the work sheet.

However from what I experienced Audi wouldn't bother updating peoples MMI (lets not talk about other modules) if it saved their mothers lives. Sadly

·
Registered
1 Posts
[CITAZIONE="pcbbc, post: 9495779, membro: 37367"]
NP

LOL È incredibile quello che puoi trovare su Internet, vero?

Scaricato e installato con successo sull'auto già qui.
[/CITAZIONE]
salve volevo sapere se scaricando le mappe devo anche mettere passuord oppure mettendo la sd card funziona subito

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
you need to have an unlocked license, otherwise it won't work
(se non hai la licenza sbloccata, non te la carica. per sbloccarla, devi craccarla, oppure fartelo fare da qualcuno a pagamento, anche da remoto. NB: se scrivi in italiano, ti bannano, qui si usa solo inglese)

·
Registered
99 Posts
So I've unlocked my license + checking in the red engineering menu, can see the key there. it says no valid update on the medium. if I try the update via the red engineering menu, it clearly detects the maps are there but nothing is set to install
Automotive design Font Auto part Multimedia Darkness

if I dig deeper

Font Personal luxury car Speedometer Automotive design Gauge

license keys

Font Automotive design Screenshot Auto part Display device

anyone any ideas?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does not need red menu. Just go to

Select: I MENU ii button >Settings> left control button > System maintenance > Update
What media are you using? I recently updated the maps on my unlocked car and it wouldn't recognise the USB drive I tried initially, but then updated quite happily from an SD card with the same download. Might have been my user error, but worth trying an alternative media just to check?

·
Registered
99 Posts
You might want to try your map fec code with the last two ending 3F.

023000ee to 0230003F

If this does not work redownload the map file again and use 7zip to unpack on window pc.
what would 3F give me as opposed to lifetime unlock EE ?

It's not the media or the SD card, tried 2 different SD cards, 2 different map downloads. You can see the red engineering menu recognises it as a maps update. I've used one of the SD cards to install MIB and it's fine.

Only thing I can see wrong is that I have 2300020 in the FEC list before 23000EE so maybe that's doing something odd. I'm not sure how to clear the existing FEC list with MIB though, only to add new codes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Fixed it. Problem was my sd card was being prepared on my mac which is adding extra rubbish to the card that confused the car. Ran CleanMyDrive2 on the SD card after formatting and copying the update over. Installs fine now.

·
Registered
2017 Daytona Grey TT quattro
2 Posts
Seen this update? https://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... 3b3d2bf74d

The new maps are not yet on MyAudi. Seems VW are quicker off the mark. I hope to see them on there any time now.

As your car is older than 3 years your free updates will have run out. Several people on here can extend your licence for a small consideration. Page 21 of this thread explains what you need to do but it's all goobledeegook to me https://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... &start=300
Can someone help with extending my license and anything else I need to upgrade my maps (currently downloading), very happy to provide suitable recompense.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
try with Ryan, he's very keen&competent

21 - 40 of 59 Posts