Audi TT Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Fixed it. Problem was my sd card was being prepared on my mac which is adding extra rubbish to the card that confused the car. Ran CleanMyDrive2 on the SD card after formatting and copying the update over. Installs fine now.
2022 map is now on my audi
I have been trying to install the latest map update from MyAudi 'Europe 2022/2023'
I'm using an iMac, I formatted a SD card to Fat32, downloaded the Zip file and extracted the files.
However, when trying to install I got the message “No valid update data found on the medium”
I contacted Audi Digital Services, they couldn't advise why i had this particular problem, they suggested a couple of different install methods and when they returned the same message “No valid update data found on the medium” they suggested i complete a 'Factory Reset'
Thats when i remembered GingerPrince made a post stating he used CleanMyDrive 2 to remove junk from his SD card, removing unwanted files from the SD was also was mentioned to me in a PM from kevin#34
I had nothing to lose, reformatted my SD card, pasted the extracted files and checked i had no junk files using the CleanMyDrive 2 App.
Hey Presto, The car accepted the SD card and begun the install, approx 40 mins later my car is now updated to 2022/2023 maps.
Thanks guys 😃 (y)

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for everyone for providing this but has anyone managed to successfully install this on a TTRS? MyAudi says no update available but that might be because I've not managed to connect my account to my car yet? But i've tried unzipping to an SD card 32GB FAT but just says unrecognised? Not sure if it's valid or not or if I've done something wrong. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for everyone for providing this but has anyone managed to successfully install this on a TTRS? MyAudi says no update available but that might be because I've not managed to connect my account to my car yet? But i've tried unzipping to an SD card 32GB FAT but just says unrecognised? Not sure if it's valid or not or if I've done something wrong. Thanks
Im downloading as I type this will update shortly. . . . . .

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
of course!
installed on my TT + 2 others, no problem (otherwise, I wouldn't have linked it here!)

Hi all,

·
Registered
379 Posts
Spot on, thanks @kevin#34 that installed fine!

Maybe of help to some others... the download file wouldn't automatically unzip on my MacBook, I used 7zip on a Windows virtual machine to extract to my SD card. Also Macs (and maybe Windows?) have the nasty habit of adding hidden files (e.g. .Spotlight-V100) that cause the validation by the MMI to fail.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Spot on, thanks @kevin#34 that installed fine!

Maybe of help to some others... the download file wouldn't automatically unzip on my MacBook, I used 7zip on a Windows virtual machine to extract to my SD card. Also Macs (and maybe Windows?) have the nasty habit of adding hidden files (e.g. .Spotlight-V100) that cause the validation by the MMI to fail.
/
Did you use the most recent link from kevin34? https://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/HIGH12_P197_EU_202222.zip thanks

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
files&folders placement is correct, don't remember now about the format type (maybe it depends on the SD itself? :unsure:)
placed the Mib1 and Mib2 and metainfo.txt files in the root of the 32GB SD card formatted as FAT32? I thought I read somewhere it was meant to be flashed as exfat is that correct? Thanks

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
That went well, not. “The update data are not compatible or are outdated”
Are you perhaps outside of your 3 years of free map updates?
See the firmware updates thread for details of how to fix that.

I thought I read somewhere it was meant to be flashed as exfat is that correct?
Either FAT32 or exfat should both be okay.
FAT32 is the Windows default format for devices of 32GB or less.
exfat is used for anything larger.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts