Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a standard rear valance lying about so I can buy it, paint it Gloss Black and fit it to the motor. The v6 valance is nice but get dirty too quick and is hard to clean. The qs valance, well i can't see that being any easier to clean. So I think a Black Valance would look nice and euro like with the addition of being so much easier to clean. I havent my original one. I kind of snapped it with my heavy hand when I fitted the v6 one. :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have a black one but it has a crack in it from when I was heavy handed too! :oops: Not sure how bad it was though.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I have a nice black one in stock £30 shipped so about a £10 cheaper than the Ebay one. Personally David I would not do this as it will just look like you have bashed your and replaced it cheaply because you could not find one the right colour :?

I know telling you I have one and then trying to talk you out of it is a novel approach to doing business :lol:

Charlie

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have one in Aviator grey looks just like primer!..Excellant condition! $75.00 plus shipping

·
Registered
11,940 Posts
There was an image a few years ago when Rafi from Auto Astectics cut all the little shapes out looked very nice indeed

·
Super Moderator
24,444 Posts
Seen black valances before on different coloured TT's and it just looks wrong mate. I would say either keep to the honeycomb style or go back to the OEM red :wink:

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
smithtt said:
how much are you guys wanting for your valances. V6s have gone up as you all know. :D
£25 posted. I had actually had a standard black painted valance on mine when I bought it, sold it like this to another forum member. A good alternative to buying a V6 one for £60 or whatever they are now. Easy to paint yourself too in Matt or Satin :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.