Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Offshore at the moment, and the wife has been in touch saying that the petrol light came on. This is strange as I put £20 in before I left, and she hasn't driven it until now. :?
I did notice something strange before I left, that one minute it showed there was hardly any fuel in it, then the next minute the gauge had went up........

I've done a search, and I'm hoping it isn't the dash pod. I read a reply from Hoggy on one of the searched threads, which is swaying me towards the fuel sensor. As I'm sure the miles left remaining, were the same as the gauge above. (I'm waiting for the wife's reply to clarify this).

I guess a scan would help to see if any fault codes show up. This'll have to be sorted when I get home on the 5th. Travelling down south on the 6th so don't really want to have fuel gauge issues......... :oops: :p

Stuart.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
If fuel guage and DIS agree, then almost certainly is a sender issue. I fixed the same problem by cleaning the segments of both fuel senders with a toothbrush and isopropyl alcohol, it's not unusual for the senders to need replacing though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts