·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in Milltek ... YES or NO?
YES, count me in.2458.54%
Thanks, but NO thanks.1741.46%

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thought I would post a thread for anyone interested / thinking about installing a Milltek system.

Earlier today I sent an email to Milltek general sales.

Maybe a long shot to expect discount - but if enough of us show an interest we might get a deal.

The dual pipes I got quoted, included free fitting for only £395 + VAT.

Sample of sound here also (from DRGNFLY) >> Stock compared to the Milltek. (turn sound up!)

Also a clip here by Conneem...

The only other part to consider is the valance / diffuser.

Anyway, I will post the reply from Milltek as soon as I get it (if I get it!).

Picture shows what I intend to do style-wise...

·
Registered
549 Posts
How about a TT Forum installation Saturday. If there is enough interest we book out the Miltek installation garage for the day and they get to work on fitting the milteks. We supply the butties and drinks. They do installs for free, and they source us the diffusers of course and mod them as required. Lets get the dreaded vat off the price if possible ! And how about the Miltek guys help owners make any other subtle changes foc e.g. replacing standard rear lights with darkened rear lights, swapping out standard halogen bulbs for powerbulbs. What about having a paint man on standby to gloss up rear diffuser, front fog surrounds and how about nice shiny gloss black front grills for non 3.2 owners too.

Just some ideas. group buy with a difference. Could be a good marketing opportunity for the Miltek chaps perhaps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BobFat said:
How about a TT Forum installation Saturday. If there is enough interest we book out the Miltek installation garage for the day and they get to work on fitting the milteks. We supply the butties and drinks. They do installs for free, and they source us the diffusers of course and mod them as required. Lets get the dreaded vat off the price if possible ! And how about the Miltek guys help owners make any other subtle changes foc e.g. replacing standard rear lights with darkened rear lights, swapping out standard halogen bulbs for powerbulbs. What about having a paint man on standby to gloss up rear diffuser, front fog surrounds and how about nice shiny gloss black front grills for non 3.2 owners too.

Just some ideas. group buy with a difference. Could be a good marketing opportunity for the Miltek chaps perhaps.
HA, christ, quality, thats the spirit fella!

Thought I was being a cheeky bleeder askin for discount.

Will advance on my suggestion with an amended email in the morning to Mr Milltek. :p

Oh, on the poll where it says COUNT ME IN, don't think anything is set in stone, it's purely to get an idea of interest at this stage!
Just to make that clear gents! (& ladies).
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
BobFat said:

I would have been a no and probably still am, but voted Yes as BF suggestion is brilliant. If it turns into that and the total price seems worth it, I'll consider it.

Nice idea RC_TT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Encouraging signs so far anyway. Just means I have a better case when I next contact Milltek. Keep the votes coming anyway.

Remember, its just to see who would be interested! :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lossyman said:
If it's cheap, count me in!
Price shown on original post chap.
Or do you mean if we get discount??

Hope to know more b4 the week is out. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
11,940 Posts
BobFat said:

They do exhausts and nothing else perhaps a perusal of their website site may enlighten you :roll:

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm not after the Milltek, but I still wanna come along!

·
Registered
549 Posts
robokn said:
They do exhausts and nothing else perhaps a perusal of their website site may enlighten you :roll:
You are factually correct and I am familiar with their core business model. Its just an idea, if you dont ask you dont get. Could be a top day out for those interested. Not like im suggesting engine/turbo upgrades, rim upgrades, body kit upgrades/installation of any significance. Quite possibly a no-no but hey, got to be worth asking.

·
Registered
11,940 Posts
You suggested changing bulbs and so on, I would seriously doubt that they would be interested in that at all, and to suggest it may hamper the group buy fitting

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just the pipes for now I think!

See what comes back from that first. Don't want to push it.

How long do you guys think I should leave it before a follow up call?? :?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.