Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have had a really good quote for Milltek Cat Back, non res, re-map, panel filter and 4 wheel alignment( needs done),

Its a 58 Plate TTS and have been quoted figures around 310 Bhp and 407 Tourques(lol), has anyone else went down this route and how does it feel now, noticeable etc.

also my old B7 RS4 was down on power due to the carbon build up, does the TTS suffer from this as well and would it be worthwhile getting this done as well as the garage does this also.

Thanks in advance.

Mac

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I changed from RS4 to TTS also :)

The torque figure seems a little optimistic.

What company did you get the quote from?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
hugy said:

He could be talking about Nm rather than lb/ft, which would be about right :)

Re. the carbon build up. The 2.0TFSI does get carbon build up but I haven't seen any people complain about a hit in performance like people see in the 4.2 in the RS4. There are plenty of 2006 GTI's with high mileage running healthy and getting good figures on dyno's :)

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
conneem said:
hugy said:

I didn't think of that Michael :oops:
You missed a good C&C last week (apart from the rain) :)

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
hugy said:
I was home but didn't have the TT with me so I didn't go. Looked like a great turnout from the pics.

I might make it to the next one but I will be on my way to a ferry.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
conneem said:
hugy said:
I was home but didn't have the TT with me so I didn't go. Looked like a great turnout from the pics.

I might make it to the next one but I will be on my way to a ferry.
Yeah it was good.
Marc turned up from VAGOC so had another TT :)
May see you next month.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
conneem said:
hugy said:

Re. the carbon build up. The 2.0TFSI does get carbon build up but I haven't seen any people complain about a hit in performance like people see in the 4.2 in the RS4. There are plenty of 2006 GTI's with high mileage running healthy and getting good figures on dyno's :)
Thanks

heres the link.

figures seem good.

http://www.revolution-remaps.co.uk/audi ... -tfsi-272/

add Milltek and filter, may be a tiny bit extra.

Mac

·
Registered
194 Posts
chivs said:
Had my TTS done at AMD. Cat back and remap. 319 BHP and 255 lbs/ft. £939. Good value , much better acceleration and lot noisier!!
Does a stock TTS not produce approx 258 lb/ft torque? I can see your bhp gain, but not a gain in torque... just curious :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Benw87 said:
chivs said:
Had my TTS done at AMD. Cat back and remap. 319 BHP and 255 lbs/ft. £939. Good value , much better acceleration and lot noisier!!
Does a stock TTS not produce approx 258 lb/ft torque? I can see your bhp gain, but not a gain in torque... just curious :)
does seem odd!! was it a milltek non-res???

·
Registered
249 Posts
bluenosewrx said:
Benw87 said:
chivs said:
does seem odd!! was it a milltek non-res???
Could be a s tronic auto box normaly the torque is harder to be calculated because of the running gear on the dyno

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
stage 1 should see 300bhp and 450/500nm

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
brittan said:
wja96 said:
Isn't there a torque limiter on the s-tronic box? There certainly was on the older VW DSG gearboxes.
The control system will reduce engine torque in response to the temperature of the cooling oil flow to the clutches rising above pre-set limits.
And would that be enough to stop a remap making extra torque?

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
wja96 said:
brittan said:
wja96 said:
Isn't there a torque limiter on the s-tronic box? There certainly was on the older VW DSG gearboxes.
The control system will reduce engine torque in response to the temperature of the cooling oil flow to the clutches rising above pre-set limits.
And would that be enough to stop a remap making extra torque?
Possibly, but I don't have the experience or information to be definite on that. Even when max hydraulic pressure is applied to a clutch to fully engage it, there is a small degree of designed slip which is supposed to help reduce drive line vibration.

I'd think that extra torque applied would increase slip, given the same hydraulic pressure engaging the clutch, and so raise the temperature in the cooling oil flow to the clutch. Whether that temperature would go high enough to provoke torque reduction would simply depend on how long/often the extra torque was applied. There's certainly a 'factor of safety' incorporated in the gearbox torque capacity however, that gearbox protection is something designed into the system where the box is attached to an engine producing standard torque levels.

As an example though, my last TT was a 2.0 S-Tronic which had a custom 'Stage 2' map by VAGCheck. That increased bhp/torque to around 260bhp/380Nm(280ftlb) {figures derived from air mass flow so may be optimistic}, up from 197bhp/280Nm/207lbft.
I had no problems from the gearbox nor did I ever notice any episodes of torque reduction.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts