Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

The next meet will be on April 27th - We are going for a two pronged approach this time to spice it up and keep it fresh for you.

There will be a Pre-meet drive from Bletchley Wayside Audi (MK1 1DF) at 7pm departure time 7.15pm from where Nic and I will lead you all on a merry dance getting us to the venue by around 7.45pm (at the latest) and give us the opportunity to drive the cars like they should be in spectacular convoy :)

For those who can't make the drive meet time of 7pm just meet us at the pub for 7.45pm and revel in the tales of no doubt exemplary driving skills exhibited by all :)

I have spoken to the owner of the Betsey Wynne in Swanbourne MK17 0SH http://www.thebetseywynne.co.uk/contact.asp
and have booked us in for the evening of the 27th April which is back to a Tuesday night.

I appreciate that this may be tricky for some but they are so busy at the weekend that I could not get them to agree to let us have exclusive use of the overflow carpark they have recently completed (lit) as such I felt it would be best to stick to what we have been doing so far and save the weekend jaunts until the "summer" :)

The overflow car park has been freshly tarmacced and will be reserved for our exclusive use, easily catering for our needs :lol: this will hopefully help when taking pictures as we won't be mixed up with lesser vehicles :) and for security purposes also.

I am a fairly regular visitor to this place and the staff are very friendly, the ambience and interior very nice and importantly the standard of food is excellent - the owner is delighted to have us there as I have assured him there will be no burnouts or doughnuts performed :) The Rolls-Royce OC use this place as the venue for their annual get together, so it is just about up to standard for us :)

We will need to pre-order food if more than 10 are coming, they are redoing the menus at the moment so please look at the following link from about the 15th April to choose your meals and post up or pm me your choice. http://www.thebetseywynne.co.uk/menus.asp

It has been nice to see some people bringing friends or partners with them, everyone is welcome and we are a friendly lot so please bring someone with you :)

I will also be creating a TT quiz and we will split the group into teams to compete for the dubious title of "MK TTOC Quiz Night Winners" - There may even be a prize :) so get swatting.

So who is up for this then - please put if you are coming to the pre-meet drive (PMD) or will just meet us at the pub.

1) Charlie + Nic - PMD
2) James + Lisa - PMD
3) Penny and David - Pub
4) Josh :) - Pub
5) Heath and Sam - PMD
6) Charlie - ?
7) NaughTTy - Paul - POSSIBLE
/8) Mitesh and Emma - POSSIBLE
9) Richard - POSSIBLE
10) Keith + Sylv - PMD
11) Davy - PMD
12) Was - WMD to the PMD :)
13) Dave - PMD hopefully :)
14) Nick - PossPMD
15) Luke
16) Chris

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
swfblade said:
Superb, put me and Lisa down for this, PMD and all! 8)
Nice one James look forward to seeing you both again :)

phodge said:
Looks like a nice place, Charlie, and best of all it's closer! :wink:

Put me 'n 'im down for meeting you in the pub. :D
Cool Penny I will bung you and David on the list and glad it's more convenient for you :)

sTTranger said:
hi guys, i would love to try and make this but maybe too far for me :? , especially as its a weel day :(
It would be great to meet you Dave, I was chatting to Richard (UKRPG) this morning and he was saying what a nice chap you are and how gorgeous your car is - if you can make it great, if not then hopefully you will make a summer meet :)

Charlie

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Yes please Charlie, should be able to make this one? :p

Due to timing I'll have to meet you at the Pub

Josh

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Super Josh said:
Yes please Charlie, should be able to make this one? :p

Due to timing I'll have to meet you at the Pub

Josh
Cool, good to have you back mate. I have heard you can't drive for toffee anyway so probably best :lol: :lol: :-*

Charlie

heathstimpson said:
Yep but myself and my lad Sam down please. I know the place well as i drive past it on my way to work.
Nice one Heath, I will add you to the list, are you meeting us there or coming along for the pre-meet drive too?

Charlie

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
THIS SADDENS ME [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Sorry charlie but i have a few courses to do in april & i will be in swindon on the 27th for the week, so quite a trek to get back from there :( :( especially as training don finish till 6.30 pm !!

Really sorry & sad i'm going to miss this :(

If anything changes i'll let you know,

SAV.. :(

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SAVTT240 said:
THIS SADDENS ME [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Sorry charlie but i have a few courses to do in april & i will be in swindon on the 27th for the week, so quite a trek to get back from there :( :( especially as training don finish till 6.30 pm !!

Really sorry & sad i'm going to miss this :(

If anything changes i'll let you know,

SAV.. :(
Hi Sav

It saddens Nic and I more mate [smiley=bigcry.gif] , I know you mentioned some training course that would make mid week tricky and I did ask them about doing it on a weekend, but due to how popular they are they just could not cater for us, I think it is such a great location and with our own TT only VIP car park I thought it was too good an opportunity to miss :)

Penny and I have discussed the possibility of a joint meet in the summer which would most probably be at the weekend and Davy has suggested a family BBQ at his pub too, so there are some fun events lined up. If you can't make it Nic and I will be able to slide some QS related questions into the quiz without fear of an onsite pro knowing all the answers :)

I just had a look and Swindon is 59 miles away from the pub (generically speaking) so stop being such a little girl about it :) prep your car and meet us there at 8pm just in time for food and the quiz before you get a nice run back down to Swindon :)

Charlie

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Charlie, Nick thats cool & i understand. :)

You know if i could i would make it, i would have a company vehicle so would have to travel back home, then go otherside of town to get the tt, then go back later to put it away then travel back to swindon ready for 8 am start !!!!!! Bit of a mare, especially after 9 hours in class i get brain ache :lol: .

May try to get on a course later in year so may be able to make it but wont know till later in the month.

SAV.. :)

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
country boy said:
Squeeze me in!
Nice one Charlie - are you coming for the drive or being a bit of a show queen just going to meet us at the pub? :)

Sav - I understand totally mate, I was only pulling your chain :) there will be plenty of other opportunities in the future.

Charlie

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NaughTTy said:
Hi Charlie,

I might be able to make it along to this one but can't get there until at least 8:15pm. Put me down as a possible for now :)
Will do Paul, it would be nice to see you again :) 8.15pm would be fine.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Too early to call for me Mr D but I'll obviously see what I can do :wink: :p

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TT_Tesh said:
Count me and Emma in Charlie. Shes up for a TTOC meet... finally!!

Hope I can make it this time. :lol:
LOL :) I will stick you down as provisional and you can confirm nearer the time bud

UKRPG said:
Too early to call for me Mr D but I'll obviously see what I can do :wink: :p
Good lad another possible then :)

Charlie

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well be there,
Keith & Sylv

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.