Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a very long time the project is almost done. Just a few final adjustments and its ready to go!

Its set up on an adjustable speed sensor and also has the option of up and down settings.

Just need to re-position the PPI strip under the tailgate as it sits in a bit too far at the moment. On a standard car with no bodykit, its sits perfectly but other than that, nearly ready to roll and in my very biased opinion, one of the best mods to upgrade the rear of Mk1 that can be achieved.

There will be the opportunity in the near future for people to purchase a complete rear spoiler conversion as it has been produced in a way that this can be reproduced relatively easily. The car and spoiler conversion will be displayed at GTI Inters for people to look at and anyone interested in upgrading can let me know.

Special thanks go out to Lego Man who has been heavily involved in pulling everything together and making what was once a thought into reality.

Anyway here's some pics and a video to give you a feel:

Video:

A video with it moving up and down when driving will be on its way soon.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
84,386 Posts
Nice work mate I bet it took some doing

·
Registered
814 Posts
I was gonna ask if anyone had thought about doing this but decided against. I thought people would be like "too much hard work, wrong shape, size etc" but that looks amazing!!! Someone should sell these bootlids... would be massively popular!!!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Superb bit of kit, How much [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Would it be easy to install.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stevebeechTA said:
Superb bit of kit, How much [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Would it be easy to install.
We will be producing a few kits that will be replacement tailgates that will come with full set up and connection etc but they are not going to be mass produced.

We are interested in gauging interest to start off with, but they certainly arent going to be the cheapest mod on the market!

·
Premium Member
14,448 Posts
"And now for something completely different" Well done a great piece of work there.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
What a terrific piece of work, Steve . . and big doff of the cap to you and lego man for a job very well done! To add to the fact that you have the option of speed sensored deployment AND an on/off switch is brilliant. One thing I must ask though. The angle of the original is deliberate due to the fact it's not just cosmetic but very much designed to keep the car ON the road! Q: Does the degrees of angle of yours closely reflect that of the standard spoiler?

. . . . I may just well be interested .. 8)

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
Looks very clever Steve and well engineered... :D

cheers

Rich :p

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hi all, thanks.

I think it looks outstanding! Looks even bet in the flesh!
Little bit of a pain barrier to go through but well worth the effort.

I wonder what one looks like in red.... !!! :wink:

Lego

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Looks very nice, I do like that. I'm guess something like this is going to cost at least a grand considering you're buying a whole new tailgate, have it sprayed and not to mention the amount of work needed to custom fit the spoiler to the tailgate. Fair enough it won't be the cheapest mod as you mentioned but I know from personal experience how much time and effort goes into making such a bespoke product from scratch and the costs involved are justified as a result.

Well done to you both for showing us something original. 8)

1 - 20 of 255 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.