Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should the MK2 TT have a rubber seal on the bottom of the door, I was thinking of changing both my large door seals and did a search and an inner door seal came up as well that is shown on the bottom of the door ??

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Font Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anybody take a picture of their door from the inside if they have this inner seal, my car has no seal on the door where this diagram shows, thanks.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
My roadster has this seal. It would appear to be just as in the diagram, ending at the front a couple of inches short of the door's drain hole. Will get a photo when the car is out in the daylight, if no-one else does.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Earlier cars don't have that seal. I'm not sure when they were added but it may have been at the same time as the plastic water "gutters" were added to the coupe hatch.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah that's the one, my late 2006 mk2 3.2 doesn't have these, mine is letting water in by the front corner where the triangle shaped plastic and rubber is by the wing mirror, I might order some of those inner door seals as well.

·
Registered
2007 Audi TT Quattro 3.2 Manual Roadster Petrol Blue & Ice Blue Nappa
148 Posts
My 2007 3.2 doesn’t have them either……not sure how they would fit onto the door, seems like the top part is also different….maybe part no. 11 is also required?
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Quattro Roadster
11,753 Posts
The installation for the Inner Door Seal is discussed in Workshop Manual 1.2 General Body Repairs, Exterior (A005TT00220) which you can find here. There are no pictures, only a text description of the steps involved on pages 94-95.

This might be worth a trip to your local Audi Parts Department to verify if this will interface with the existing 2007 door-end trim. It would also be interesting to find out in which year they started installing these in the factory. According to the 7zap parts website, there were some part number changes between 2007 and 2014, but they use the same illustration for all Mk2 years, so you can't see any differences.

I'm going to have to check my door and see whether or not it's present.
Cable Font Auto part Electronic device Wire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts