Audi TT Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Jenny H said:
My TTS passenger door is doing it since yesterday. Wont open off the key fob but can open it from the inside
Trip to the stealers tomorrow I think
Same thing on my TTS jenny :(

What did the stealers do to your door?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had this a couple of times, I opened and closed the handle whilst working some Three-In-One oil into the handle it seemed to fix it for me.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My 08 TT done this sort of thing on driver side when i first got it almost 2 years ago and i sprayed silicon spray down back of the outer handle and that seemed to keep it working up until a couple of weeks back then it had to be opened by key in lock only. When i ran the vcds diagnostic check it came back with an intermittent fault on central locking control unit driver side (faulty electronic unit and the whole internal latch catch part in the door)

£103 for a new one from TPS and fitted it myself and all is good again until the next thing lol.

Hope this helps others with similar problems.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I had this on my Audi TT Mk2 V6 the very same day I bought it, I felt like crying, getting a new car and thinking every knock and noise etc was a problem with it :lol:

Had noticed that the previous owner has had the drivers door card off as it was not fitted properly and wired up the inside locking the wrong way round. Pulled up at the petrol station and couldn't get out my car even though id unlocked it from the inside, had to climb over and get out the passangers side.

Ever since then its been fine some reason :s
Perhaps because the old owner had it sat on the street not started for 3 weeks and it needed a bit or movement

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently bought 2007 tt with similar type fault. After ludicrous amounts of wd40 and door card removal was almost resigned to replacing some internals however opening door via inside handle then with door open locking with fob I closed door and voila..

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
had this issue on and off over the past year, went into Audi 3 times, twice they cleaned the lock mechanism up and lubricated it, it worked perfect till the temperature drops, then they changed the bowden cable, and finally last week we agreed to change the complete lock mechanism....

now it works perfect

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just wanted to thank the people that posted in this thread (I know it's very old). I had my driver's door handle not working, but the suggestion in this thread to whack the door a few times underneath the outside handle worked a treat! Now back in full working order, with a bit of WD40 in there for good measure.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mine started playing up always when cold weather set in as lubricant gets thick and prevents lock module working correctly.
After a while the module suffers. Mine then went and I replaced it - part cost £100 from audi and it took 2 hours as I took my time. You need to get door card clips as they break. Easy job but takes time.
Steve

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine started playing up always when cold weather set in as lubricant gets thick and prevents lock module working correctly.
After a while the module suffers. Mine then went and I replaced it - part cost £100 from audi and it took 2 hours as I took my time. You need to get door card clips as they break. Easy job but takes time.
Steve
Hi. It’s so useful reading all these responses. It’s clearly a common fault with this car although mine is getting on now.
My 57 plate has had these intermittent problems with driver’s door for the last few years and always gets worse in wet or cold weather. The central locking of drivers door finally gave up a year ago but last week’s wet weather made the handle stop working altogether so I have to press the remote to open windows to let myself in! I’ve decided I can’t put up with it any longer even tho handle decided to work again today. Why should the rain cause it to happen, should so much rain get in?
Please could someone guide me as to what parts I need to order as I have someone who can replace for me. Is it the actuator? Is that the same as the solenoid? And the Bowden cable?
One of the door card clips is already broken I think so need those too!
Where is best to get these parts from, eBay? Thanks for your help 🙏

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Roadster
11,534 Posts
There are three separate TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) issued from 2012 to 2014 by Audi on this issue which discusses how the Boden Cable may not be fitted correctly. You can find them as PDF files which you can download from the list of TSB in the Knowledge Base linked below -

• May 14, 2012 > 2010 – 2013
• March 27, 2013 > 2010-2012 & 2013
• January 3, 2014 > 2010-2012 & 2013

This post covers the door card removal, tools and part numbers for replacement clips -
Musical instrument Guitar accessory Font Music Guitar

21 - 30 of 30 Posts