Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My painter took off my nearside mirror cover to start work on fitting the mk2 indicators into it. Only thing is he left me with just the insides fitted so the mirror looks very short circuit looking.

Will youkeep you informed

·
Registered
780 Posts
wallsendmag said:
Everyone in this section is so anti MkII and now people have steering wheels pop up spoilers and indicators from thr MkII. Who is first to fit mag ride ?
I'm not against the Mk2 as an engineering product, I just dislike the styling (and the dealerships :!:) so all the mods people seem to be doing is okay if they want that. Now if they started modding to make a Mk1 look like a Mk2 then hmmm I'm with you there.

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
wallsendmag said:
Everyone in this section is so anti MkII and now people have steering wheels pop up spoilers and indicators from thr MkII. Who is first to fit mag ride ?
It's likewise on the Mk2 section. Have come across some individuals very anti Mk1.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
wallsendmag said:
I think to say "everyone" is a gross generalisation, personally I appreciate that the advances in technology result in a "better" machine, I am just not a big fan of the styling compared to the MK1 - although that said I think the colour and wheel selection makes an enormous difference to the overall visual appeal - i.e blue and standard trim wheels = crap but a white TTR with turbines = rather more tempting :)

David you need to get some pics up to represent the start to finish for us :)

Charlie

·
Registered
26,074 Posts
Naresh said:
wallsendmag said:
It's likewise on the Mk2 section. Have come across some individuals very anti Mk1.
Nobody is trying to make thier car look like the MkI though. :wink:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Oh no! we are taking some good design ideas (like active spoiler and indicator mirrors) and fitting to the mk1! That will upset mk2 owners now wont it? Coz they were the first to have active spoilers and indicator mirrors... :roll:

I have nothing against mk2's, I actually really like them and will replace my mk1 with one (or an A5) when the time comes. But to suggest that just because we are adding these things to make it look more like a mk2 is an odd one. It does seem that mk2 owners have a superiority complex tho.

Does that mean your mk2 is trying to be half Corrado, half Merc sprinter? I doubt it. Its just things that look good, get copied across to other designs.

·
Registered
11,940 Posts
I did most of these mods about two years ago, so old hat

In fact they came with a shed load of other bits and pieces, not sure but I think it's called a MK II :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
to be fair the led mirrors look better on my car than they do a mk2. EXEPT ON THE TTS & TTRS :roll:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Wasn't harrismhome working on this? Thread subject was something like "Can You Guess What It Is Yet?" (I think) :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.