Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been brought up a thousand times im sure but How many mk1 owners have driven a mk2? How do they compare? Is there a marked improvement from the mk1?

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,558 Posts
Hi Gogs, Only driven this brand new S line FWD & it had a slicker gear box, & more lively to throw about, than my Mk1 but wouldn't part with my Mk1 for one.

Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jamman said:
Had a white TTS now with my ex.

Great car really quick bit for me missing the charm of the mk1
Yeah, I don't think the mk2 has the same visual appeal as the mk1 has, I've never driven the mk2 but am curious!

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,558 Posts
gogs said:
Thanks Hoggy, just curious seen a few for sale locally and just wondered if they were a marked improvement on the mk1
Hi Gogs, it has definately improved in the driveability department, but the MK1 is still tops in external & internal looks.

Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Two very different kettles of fish. The mk 2 is a great car, a little more polished and refined. But certainly lacks the charm and raw character of the mk1.
The TTRS being one hell of a car, with a killer engine. Thank you audi for putting the 5cld in the TTRS. :p

Damien.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Never driven a MK2, seen / looked at loads, but for mk1's iconic design that I get favourable comments about all the time I won't be 'upgrading' for a long while .

MK1 is a beautiful car. Many of my mates and casual contacts are jealous as hell. I'm not sure the mk2 would gain such an accolade. For me it's how you feel in a car that the only factor my little grey girl does it for me! :oops:

Only the RS would sway me.....one day but only because it's an ( allegedly ) awesome drive. But in my eyes beautiful it ain't. Just a very quick pickle factory girl not a catwalk model!

Brian

·
Registered
18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tritium said:
Never driven a MK2, seen / looked at loads, but for mk1's iconic design that I get favourable comments about all the time I won't be 'upgrading' for a long while .

MK1 is a beautiful car. Many of my mates and casual contacts are jealous as hell. I'm not sure the mk2 would gain such an accolade. For me it's how you feel in a car that the only factor my little grey girl does it for me! :oops:

Only the RS would sway me.....one day but only because it's an ( allegedly ) awesome drive. But in my eyes beautiful it ain't. Just a very quick pickle factory girl not a catwalk model!

Brian
Well put Brian, I must admit the mk1 is a thing of beauty both inside and out, the mk2 just seems to be following the Audi style platform, from the front it could be any of the range, just wondered what peoples thoughts were in general

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Hi Gogs, said goodbye to my baby this morning and will pick up the Mark 2 on Tuesday so will give you an opinion then! Driven several Mark 2s before placing my order and the 2.0q S-Tronic is certainly quick (only fractionally slower than the TTS) but the Mark 1 still has a certain something about it that I suspect the Mark 2 won't match. However, after 2yrs of Mark 1 ownership I feel the need for a nice cosy 5yr warranty!! :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
18,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
35mphspeedlimit said:
Hi Gogs, said goodbye to my baby this morning and will pick up the Mark 2 on Tuesday so will give you an opinion then! Driven several Mark 2s before placing my order and the 2.0q S-Tronic is certainly quick (only fractionally slower than the TTS) but the Mark 1 still has a certain something about it that I suspect the Mark 2 won't match. However, after 2yrs of Mark 1 ownership I feel the need for a nice cosy 5yr warranty!! :lol:
Thanks, I look forward to hearing how they compare, that's a cracking colour you've chosen in the mk2, what version did you go for? I have changed my car around the 12 month mark for years, I've kept the TT for over a year and a half and love it, I guess it's just curiosity kicking in.........,

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Mondo said:
TTSPORT666 said:
...Thank you audi for putting the 5cld in the TTRS. :p
Would make a fabulous project for someone - a TTRS 2.5 beast in a Mk1 body. :)
Ahh that would be an utter dream. My urs6 has a 5cld 20v Turbo and my god if that engine would slot in i would consider a conversion...then my qs would have absolutely everything for me. :p

Damien.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Given the driving limitations here in Guernsey I have taken the sensible option and got the 1.8 TFSI Coupe S-Line with S-Tronic (still has a 0-60 of just 7.1 sec and about 34.5mpg Urban) but allowed myself all of the extras including Extended Leather, Sound Pack, Black Styling Pack, 19" 7 Twin Spoke Alloys, Privacy Glass, Folding Mirrors etc. The colour is Volcano Red which in the right light looks absolutely fantastic!!! Can't wait until Tuesday! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.