Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
MrHooky said:
Does this mean our cars will start going up in value soon...!?
We can only hope! :lol:

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Whe Hey.... :D Its always been destined to be a future classic....the mk1 revolutionised small coupes when it came out. Think it will be a while before the car will be viewed, and perceived as a true desirable classic. Its still in its infancy at the moment. Look at where we were in the 80's and early 90's all driving a plentiful supply of renault 5 GT turbo's and pug 205 gti's, mk1 toyota mr2's and golf gti's. Now these cars are deemed by car enthusiasts and the general public as desirable classics, and thus values for good examples have risen.....Its taken that long though. :)

Damien.

·
Registered
36 Posts
HI, I am a newly converted TT fan! Just bought my first! I have had all the hairdresser jokes but that is easy to stop when we effortlessly corner and accellorate! Apart from being thirsty (compared to my previous A6 diesel estate ;) ), I have never smiled so much, When this car was first released I worked at a VW Audi body repair shop for a summer job whilst doing my 1st degree in engineering design. This car ticked every box for me, the shape, looks, quality, quattro!, and the detail such as the aluminium trim inside!
So only 12 years after my car was sold for the first time, I fianlly could afford one! it was worth the wait. Although mine is the puppy (180hp) it seems to be a keeper as long as no major problems occur and that my partner doesnt buckle when kids start coming! The book says the cars back seats are suitable for up to 12 yrs.
The build quality has lasted, It is pretty clean, the leather seats are the only sign of real wear to her, but there are many on ebay if I am too lazy to have refurbished.
Anyhow,my cousin has had classic car insurance for his Golfs and his premiums have always been a fraction of any regular car I have owned. This is good news for me as I didnt buy the car jsut to rag around.
Betty

·
Registered
161 Posts
Here in the states you dont see that many MK1 TT's on the road. If you do they are 80% 180s, 15% 225s, and 5% 3.2s. So if anything the 3.2 will be a classic, if the gearboxes hold up :p

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
kazinak said:
Tt will become like golf mk3 , people will be interested in the engine only ,

Send from my Android using Tapatalk 2
Kaz mate that statement is dogturd and you know it. :eek: The iconic shape of the TT and its intricate character and design cannot be compared to its mundane more practical Golf brother.
You know il be back on here in 15 years to say..."I told you so" :D

Damien.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
TTSPORT666 said:
Kaz mate that statement is dogturd and you know it. :eek:
Damien.
You got there before me Damien. I thought Kaz was being rather upbeat... for his one liner acerbic comment structure

TexasTT said:
So if anything the 3.2 will be a classic, if the gearboxes hold up :p
Now ya talkin' my kinda language boy. 'course the gearbox will hold up - were's that positive 'merican attitude? :lol:

Brian

·
Registered
248 Posts
I love my car, but they are a little ubiquitous at the moment. I think they may well be looked on as classics, but a looong time off yet. Twenty years plus, and I don't think I'll still have mine by then!

·
Registered
480 Posts

·
Registered
14,496 Posts
TTSPORT666 said:
kazinak said:

Kaz mate that statement is dogturd and you know it. :eek: The iconic shape of the TT and its intricate character and design cannot be compared to its mundane more practical Golf brother.

Damien.
have you ever been to the vag shows lately :?: 90% mk1/2 golfs is running on bam/apx engines :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
814 Posts
kazinak said:
TTSPORT666 said:
kazinak said:

Damien.
have you ever been to the vag shows lately :?: 90% mk1/2 golfs is running on bam/apx engines :roll: :roll: :roll:
I'd have to agree with you there kaz. Quite scary really thinking you could take one of them on ha!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tonksy26 said:
In the link above, TT comes 8th :S
Pic 1 is 10th and pic 10 is 1st place being the MX5. TT is 8th pic hence we're 3rd!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TexasTT said:
Here in the states you dont see that many MK1 TT's on the road. If you do they are 80% 180s, 15% 225s, and 5% 3.2s. So if anything the 3.2 will be a classic, if the gearboxes hold up :p
I'd be happy if that was the case. The 3.2 engine is no longer used either which also may make a case for it becoming the most desirable! Here's hoping anyway...!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
TexasTT said:
But are they cheap or expensive to buy in your opinion???

·
Premium Member
3,525 Posts
MrHooky said:
TexasTT said:
I'd be happy if that was the case. The 3.2 engine is no longer used either which also may make a case for it becoming the most desirable! Here's hoping anyway...!

You never know. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.