Audi TT Forum banner

MkI TT's in Cuba?

564 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  KentishTT 
#1 ·
I'll tell you if there are in 2 weeks time when I get back!

Somehow, I doubt there will be any....

Cheers all!

#3 ·
anty1985 said:
when i went over there i didn't see anything respectable never mind a TT. Woman aren't bad thou
OK, I'll look at those too :p

Re, cars - they aren't allowed to buy new cars there that's why there are so many recycled cars form the 50's and 60's.

Quite interesting to see a 1950's Chevy with a 1970's Mercedes diesel engine in it!

#5 ·
Have a great time Kevin.

By the way, if you find that young Cuban maiden who hand rolls the cigars on her inner thigh could you try and bring her back for me as I'm looking for a new housekeeper. :cry:
Had to get rid of the young Russian girl because she kept wanting to bring her 'brothers' back to stay for the night. :eek:
Seemed a bit odd to me, I mean how many brothers can one girl have :? :?: :wink:

John.

#6 ·
GEM said:
Have a great time Kevin.

By the way, if you find that young Cuban maiden who hand rolls the cigars on her inner thigh could you try and bring her back for me as I'm looking for a new housekeeper. :cry:
Had to get rid of the young Russian girl because she kept wanting to bring her 'brothers' back to stay for the night. :eek:
Seemed a bit odd to me, I mean how many brothers can one girl have :? :?: :wink:

John.
:lol:

Will do!

Cheers
:wink:

#7 ·
Do me a favour mate...

If you see any old Yankmobiles or anything interesting can you take some decent high res pics? I'd love to go to Cuba not least for the music, but so far not had the opportunity...

If you get a chance to see an old jazz pianist called Rubens Gonzalez take it. He plays in bars and clubs and I should imagine the atmosphere live is electric... :p

Cheers

Rich :p

#9 ·
Didn't see any TTs in Cuba when I was there. We took a hire car for 2 weeks and did the whole island.

Did see a load of old Yank tanks. Most of them held together with filler and a prayer.

We did see one or two interesting ones, but it was difficult to judge their genuine condition. As for quality stuff acouple of Audi A4 hire cars and a couple of Merc taxis.

If you get to Santiago de Cuba keep your eye out for a Lime green Cuban 'Pimp my Ride' Lada. It has a square cut out of the bonnet and and a piece of clear plastic in place to allow a view of the 'highly-tuned' 1.800 engine. I'll see if I can get some photos up for you on Sunday.

#10 ·
rustyintegrale said:
KentishTT said:
I'll tell you if there are in 2 weeks time when I get back!

Somehow, I doubt there will be any....

Cheers all!
Do me a favour mate...

If you see any old Yankmobiles or anything interesting can you take some decent high res pics? I'd love to go to Cuba not least for the music, but so far not had the opportunity...

If you get a chance to see an old jazz pianist called Rubens Gonzalez take it. He plays in bars and clubs and I should imagine the atmosphere live is electric... :p

Cheers

Rich :p
Will do Rich, got the digi SLR packed and ready to go and really want some nice pics of the old 50's cars - will send you some links when I get back.

Hope you get mobile again soon (just saw yr post) :(

Dotti said:
Any excuse to tell us your off to Cuba :wink: . Have a nice and safe trip 8)
:p Yes, looking forward to it!

Hoping to make the Ace Cafe meet so will look forward to meeting you and the boys!

Take it easy (this my last post for 2 weeks) :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.