Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ITS DRIVING ME INSAIN !!!! I have a 16Gb SD card, formatted in fat32, with serveral folders and ONLY MP3 files. my TTRS MK3 sees the files, however will not play them. Anyone have some advice for me ? PS how on earth do i get to jukebox to copy files

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm not sure if I understand your question, are you trying to copy the sd card to the jukebox hard drive inside the car or are you simply trying to play the mp3s from the sd card? if it's the latter then you are doing it all correctly I have a 16Gb PNY high performance 50mb/s card formatted to 32fat with folders containing MP3s at 320kbps...I use Audacity for metadata and normalize mp3 volume
perhaps reformat the card fully not just a quick format then start again, probably not helping much I know, but what you are doing seems to be correct

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey mate, thank you for that. Yes, i am trying to play files directly from the sd card, so it reads the SD card, sees all the folders and songs, but says track is unreadble, greys it out and moves to the next track and does the same without playing any. ill try the full format thing now

·
Registered
117 Posts
yeah that looks ok......try this when youve reformatted the sd card .....put only one mp3 file on the card and no folders if it doesn't play that single file then I'm stumped ???

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah that looks ok......try this when youve reformatted the sd card .....put only one mp3 file on the card and no folders if it doesn't play that single file then I'm stumped ???
it doesnt play the single file - tried that. lol.

if theres anyone else out there that can help, please let me know

·
Registered
383 Posts
@2Y2Y The system is performing as expected, it's employing it's "good taste" filter and blocking hiphop/rap music... enjoy the silence! :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, you definitely haven't got any other stuff at all on the card have you? No hidden files stuck on there by the computers OS? + There was someone on here who'd previously used their card for the satnav map updates and some remnants from that were preventing it playing their audio files.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,889 Posts
Hi, Will your computer read & play the MP3 files?
Hoggy. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@2Y2Y The system is performing as expected, it's employing it's "good taste" filter and blocking hiphop/rap music... enjoy the silence! :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, you definitely haven't got any other stuff at all on the card have you? No hidden files stuck on there by the computers OS? + There was someone on here who'd previously used their card for the satnav map updates and some remnants from that were preventing it playing their audio files.
hahahahaah .... it was just an example :) - nar bruv, the card was formated using windows CMD and i also used and SD card formatter on both the card and usb drive... they just dont work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok so heres and update, I have used 3 diffrent usb // sdcards now, all formatted in fat32. I have tried FLAC, WAV, MP3 and m4A, they all say track in unreadble. I AM STUMPPED !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok so heres and update, I have used 3 diffrent usb // sdcards now, all formatted in fat32. I have tried FLAC, WAV, MP3 and m4A, they all say track in unreadble. I AM STUMPPED !
As others too asked if there are extra files in the sdcards/usb sticks, I ask if you have checked that with "show hidden files" option in Windows explorer?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have you got or can you get access to another TT to see if it will play on there? Might help to prove or eliminate your car as the issue?

Reactions: kevin#34

·
Registered
10,909 Posts
Is there anything in the other SD slot which could be confusing the system. Have you tried both slots.
Have you tried doing a map update, even if its to the same map, just to see what the MMI can read.

·
Registered
Audi TT 1.8 Sport 2017 - Daytona grey
28 Posts
Have you tried rebooting the MMI - probably worth a go.

To reset the MMI (press the large round central knob and both side levers (maps/nav & radio) up simultaneously)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is there anything in the other SD slot which could be confusing the system. Have you tried both slots.
Have you tried doing a map update, even if its to the same map, just to see what the MMI can read.
i havent tried the map updated as i have no idea how to do it on a 2022 TTRS

1 - 20 of 29 Posts