Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bugger
Not got round to getting my Hands free head unit fitted and i go and answer the bloody phone while driving, 2 mins from home too. What a berk.
£60 and 3 points. Thats life i suppose, but does anyone know if 3 points will affect insurance on an otherwise clean licence?

Ray

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
MoreThan told me that there are soooo many people with 3 points on their licence, that it no longer affects the insurance - just don't get another 3 !! :twisted: :wink:

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I am afraid I got done for the same thing before Xmas, insurance on my TT (with elephant at the time) went up 25% with just the 3 points from using a mobile phone.

Although the penalty is the same (£60, 3 points), they each have a different penalty code (SP30 for speeding on a public road, SP50 on the motorway, CU80 for a mobile phone etc. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr ... G_10022425)

Seems the way they impact your insurance isn't fixed on the number of points but depends on the actual penalty code as well as the insurer. An SP30 does tend to make little or no difference (I was once told it was in the region of 5%), however my 25% increase from elephant was obviously a lot more!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Mine went up 25 notes for 3 points :(

·
Registered
752 Posts
elrao said:
I am afraid I got done for the same thing before Xmas, insurance on my TT (with elephant at the time) went up 25% with just the 3 points from using a mobile phone.

Although the penalty is the same (£60, 3 points), they each have a different penalty code (SP30 for speeding on a public road, SP50 on the motorway, CU80 for a mobile phone etc. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr ... G_10022425)

Seems the way they impact your insurance isn't fixed on the number of points but depends on the actual penalty code as well as the insurer. An SP30 does tend to make little or no difference (I was once told it was in the region of 5%), however my 25% increase from elephant was obviously a lot more!
totally, I believe the TR codes are the worst. Apparently drivers who jump the lights are most likely to cause an accident.... who would have guessed it!!???? :roll:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Result - of sorts

Just informed In-Sure of my points and it wont affect the policy.
They also did a hyperthetical check on renewal if i had just the 3 points i got and it didnt make a diff. They reckon its pretty hard for anyone to not have 3 points these days. Obviously if things were to change, such as loads more accidents by people using mobile phones and a govt clampdown then this could change this.
As it stands though I end up with a £60 fine and 3 points for 4 years, any more points and its gonna make a difference.
Pretty dissapointed with myself as i have had a clean licence for 11 years now.

Think I best get this head unit fitted. Or maybe just trash the mutha f***** piece o s**t mobile phone to stop mates mitherin me for free tech support all the time.

Lesson learnt.

Ray

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's pretty hard not to be a criminal these days., judging by all the laws and offence codes out now.

Geez I remember when the local bobby gave me a good clip round the ear, it certainly works in my book.
Bring back the Birch I say.

Such a nanny state we live in now.

Ray

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.