Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hope somebody can help me out with this.

To cut a long story short I had some lovely BBS LM replicas on my TT, hit a pot hole on low profile stretched tyres and turns out the wheel rim had cracked which gave me a puncture. Needed new tyres plus a new wheel. Came across some 19" RS6 replicas with just 500 miles on new tyres on here for sale just down the road, cheaper than buying a new wheel and new tyres that I needed, so not feeling particularly flush at the moment went for the cheapest option to get the car back on the road.

Got them on but getting some really bad rubbing all round, its mainly the front but also rear sometimes. Looking at it it appears that the problem is the bracket that holds on the front arch liner. Its just on the edge of the tyre and it looks like thats what is rubbing on the tyre every time i go anywhere near a bump.

Ive had a search on here and there seems to be quite a few cars running on 19s and some looking really good and low on them too.

I have coilovers that were on the car when I bought it, along with the 18" lm replicas, it sat nice and low and I absolutely loved how it looked. I also have spacers on the car, the wheels sit so the rim is pretty much flush with the arch. I was a bit dissapointed when the 19s went on the car as it instantly looked a lot higher. Strange as it worked out as ony 13mm difference in height, but the gap between arch and wheel is really close.

Anyway back to my original question, has anyone who has put 19" wheels on made any modifications to the body/arches? I was wondering if it was possible to fix the liner in a different place or maybe get the arches rolled. I really dont want to higher the car even more as it looks high enough already, and if I adjust it even more it will look like a 4x4! The ones Ive seen with 19s on look pretty nice still and not that high, so would appreciate any feedback. I would much rather have 18s on but I couldnt find a sets I could afford in a rush.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

Ben

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
I think you need to fit smaller spacers to sort this out I have 8.5 19s with 235 35 tyres on both TTs both lowered on coil overs they just catch the plastic wheel arch liners on the biggest of bumps but never hit the body of the cars

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
Is it only on suspension compression? I.e. dropping into a dip in the road? Try removing the top wheel arch liner screw from each side and see if that helps. It did for me; I couldn't see any rubbing but when I took them off they both had very impressive polishing done courtesy of my front wheels. :oops: Screws out, rubbing gone. :)

Worth a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts