Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after last weeks debarcle with all of my pipework etc etc I finally had all the new parts to for Wednesday evening.

All back together and started it up and it was still running rough, remembered to then do a throttle body reset and all of a sudden it was running fine, well idleing anyway, hadn't driven it yet still. Left it running for 15 minutes, cleared out all vagcom codes and none came back again like they were before, no misfires detected either, so all looking good.

So went for a drive, put my foot down and... nothing, no turbo! Well I say no turbo when in reality there is a tiny bit, after logging it with vagcom it's showing the maximum of 0.3bar when it was requesting 1.5bar. Also the boost gauge is not moving, either up or down like it usually does. You can hear a slight build up of air, so it's not in limp mode like last week with no noise at all.

So something it definitely still wrong, I'm now again getting "pressure drop between turbo and throttle valve" in vagcom and it's running rough on idle. I've jusg been back over every pipe I've changed, and also tried to check anything else which leads to or from the turbo system and can find nothing wrong.

Next task tomorrow is to remove the front bumper to inspect the lower hoses to the front mount intercooler as thats about the only thing I can't directly see to check. Also the red hose from the top of the turbo to the charge pipe needs checking, but it's now welded to the charge pipe with the powdercoat :? and the lower end I'm not sure I can even get to the head of the jubilee clip to undo it to check.

Ruddy nightmare basically...

Seriously fed up...

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
it's definatly a vac leak mate,all your symptoms would suggest this hence the rough idling and lack of boost.might be something simple like a hose connected wrong.doubt it's a boost leak as you'd get a engine management light on the dash,have you tried pulling the maf connector to see if it effects the idling?i wouldn't be pulling the front bumper just yet :?

·
Registered
10,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
denTTed said:
HAve you checked the DV? Might be a bit sticky, or the spring broke?
First thing I had apart, the vagcom error actually states "Check DV!" on the error code. It all seems fine, been regreased etc etc to make sure.

Going to give it a good going over tomorrow, see how I get on. Just frustrating that no other errors more specific are coming up, like a valve, or sensor or anything :(

Oh well...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.