Uprated Dogbone Mount
Catch Can with Breather Pipe to be fitted
Coil Packs and Wiring Changed
K04 Turbo (Healthy Turbo)
RamAir Cone filter
Big Downpipe
Decatted

Stage 2 Map 280bhp (switchable Maps)

The main question is what is needed to get more power!
I have a list on what I need :

Forged Rods (buying soon)
4bar FPR
ChinaFold (I鈥檝e seen some other EBay chineses Tubular manifolds but don鈥檛 know much
Hybrid Turbo
R8 coil packs (fitting on next service)
BK7RE plugs (will be fitting on next service)

Thank you

Registered
The R8/TRSI coil packs are no better then the latest BAM coil packs

Registered
Even Desertstorm (karl) says the TFSI coils are better - I know I am not been running for sometime, but I was blowing coils often and sometimes 2 at a time until I got OEM R8 coils from AwesomeGTI and they were cheaper than BAM coils at 拢100 for 4 and 拢10 for adapters.

Regarding > 300 - a decent Hybrid Turbo (or it'll break) OR a stop gap of a hybrid CHRA from turbo rebuilds which fits the stock K04 frame. I would advise against getting a bigger actuator the stock 6psi matches the Maps PID table - and if you go 1 bar, it's a pig to map as 30% wastegate duty cycle is 1.6 bar and you'll get to a position where you'll keep blowing hoses going over 35psi - I have removed one of the springs in my Turbosmart Actuator with my AET VT262-C to bring it to 10psi which is a bit more manageable hopefully.

The Forged Rods are a must

the ebay clones and even the original tubular manifolds (relentless pro) just crack all the time - the Chinafold needs porting / opening up (the tubes and collector) also if you do get a proper hybrid AET VT262-C 370 / AET 380 VT262-E (if you already have a badger oversized tip v2.2 that will go straight onto one of these.

Product Font Screenshot Snail Advertising

you also need a fuel pump upgrade eg DW-65V and bigger bosch injectors 550 or preferably 610/630 (I have 550s and they are 90% duty cycle @ 12:1 AFR)

you don't need a 4bar FPR

Registered
2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro 馃殫
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even Desertstorm (karl) says the TFSI coils are better - I know I am not been running for sometime, but I was blowing coils often and sometimes 2 at a time until I got OEM R8 coils from AwesomeGTI and they were cheaper than BAM coils at 拢100 for 4 and 拢10 for adapters.

Regarding > 300 - a decent Hybrid Turbo (or it'll break) OR a stop gap of a hybrid CHRA from turbo rebuilds which fits the stock K04 frame. I would advise against getting a bigger actuator the stock 6psi matches the Maps PID table - and if you go 1 bar, it's a pig to map as 30% wastegate duty cycle is 1.6 bar and you'll get to a position where you'll keep blowing hoses going over 35psi - I have removed one of the springs in my Turbosmart Actuator with my AET VT262-C to bring it to 10psi which is a bit more manageable hopefully.

The Forged Rods are a must

the ebay clones and even the original tubular manifolds (relentless pro) just crack all the time - the Chinafold needs porting / opening up (the tubes and collector) also if you do get a proper hybrid AET VT262-C 370 / AET 380 VT262-E (if you already have a badger oversized tip v2.2 that will go straight onto one of these.

View attachment 489657

you also need a fuel pump upgrade eg DW-65V and bigger bosch injectors 550 or preferably 610/630 (I have 550s and they are 90% duty cycle @ 12:1 AFR)

you don't need a 4bar FPR
Thank you soo much there for the detailed advice! It has made me aware of what needs to be done!
I hardly ever see chinafolds for sale!

Registered
Yes new inconel exhaust valves, the stock are sodium filled and won't work well now.

Get your chinafold from AliExpress - don't go for the cheapest, some people have had ones a bit wonkey. Mine was okay, but I have fitted a spacer to stop the flexi on the downpipe touching the prop shaft. Just search for audi manifold and you'll come across them - I got smooth topped ones others have got ridged. About 200 + 50 postage.. I ported mine myself with Carbide drill bits

Registered
2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro 馃殫
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Even in a heat wave there's a 'black cloud'!
You don't get it do you?
锟148.95 | Cast stainless steel Turbo Exhaust Manifold For Audi TT 8N manifold S3 8L 1.8T Quattro K04 210PS 225 manifold for VW 1.8T K04

does this look promising?

Registered
Yeah... I cannot guarantee the fitment.. like I said you need to port it too... and it suggests to do a bench fitment to see if any trimming is needed.. where the compressor housing is close to the side of the manifold and where the down pipe top corner meets the underside of the manifold also I needed to grind off the top edges of the holes where the manifold fits the engine. As it was touching the underside of where the head widens.

Looks like AliExpress sells B5 V3 clone oversized TIPs now too. Although once the delivery is added it is not that much cheaper and B5 has excellent quality.

Product Liquid Font Red Material property

There is some online details on how much to port it, but here's what Badger5 did to them.

White Light Font Gas Auto part

Premium Member
I would change the fuel pump as well if you are fitting a 4 bar FPR and hoping for as much as you can get from the stock injectors. The standard stock pump is probably not going to cut it. Something like a Sytec will work well for anything you are likely to do.
https://badger5.co.uk/fuelling/sytec-drop-in-fuel-pump-2wd-syt410g
The Chinafold can be a good manifold if it is ported correctly. Straight out of the box they can be pretty poor . Usually requires machining of the turbo mounting flange to make sure it's flat and porting as per Badger 5's post.
As for R8 coils they have more spark energy than stock original coil packs fitted to a TT. There are many different coils available but if you are going to buy anything the NGK U5014 are proven to be very good and don't cost as much as OE coil packs. Just make sure you buy genuine items , there are plenty of fakes around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts