Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just booked my TT in for an MOT, they're not free like last year! :(

But been told they now do MOT cover so next time you get your car tested if it fails on anything they pay for it up to £750! Not bad.

I thought, well my cars never had new tyres, just out of interest how much (roughly) are four tyres for a MKII TT?

:)

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
ricka said:

But been told they now do MOT cover so next time you get your car tested if it fails on anything they pay for it up to £750! Not bad.

I thought, well my cars never had new tyres, just out of interest how much (roughly) are four tyres for a MKII TT?

c£800 for 18s I would have thought. Surely the MOT cover doesn't include tyres though!

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
WozzaTT said:
ricka said:

c£800 for 18s I would have thought. Surely the MOT cover doesn't include tyres though!
Not a chance!!! They'll fall by the wayside in the T's & C's with a few other things. See Not Covered.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank's guys, I was sure your car could fail MOT on tyres maybe I'm wrong.

If they'll pay for tyres that's a winner (probably it's too good to be true).

I'll check it out with them when I take it in on August 11th e.g. what's covered and what's not.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
ricka said:

I'll check it out with them when I take it in on August 11th e.g. what's covered and what's not.

:eek: !!! Of course your car can fail it's MOT on tyres but... Audi won't pay for replacements, why would they leave a wide open goal like that. It's your job to make sure they are legal. Tyres are excluded as their PDF clearly shows.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
ricka said:

Yep, tyres can be an MOT failure but there's no way Audi would pay for them I'm afraid.

I imagine the MOT cover includes things like shock absorbers which they know will last out the year and therefore not be a cost to them the following year.

May as well have the cover as not though, just make sure they don't try and sting you for work that they say needs to be done then they'll charge you an exorbitant amount. These promotional deals are just a way of trying to drum up more income really.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank's peeps, I've only got 13500 miles on my TT so I'm guessing my tyres will be OK, besides, it's Thursday and it doesn't come out to play until Saturdays! I'll have a quick look then.

I agree with 'promotional deals'; last year with Audi it was free MOT''s which they've now stopped.

Better than a proverbial 'poke in the eye'.....though

Cheers, R :)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I did better than you, mate. Got the same thing for £35 at Lincoln Audi (JCT600). :) As said above though, the T&C's cover all consumable stuff, plus glass etc. Audi did not just fall out of a tree. I doubt this promotion will cost them much at all.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Philplop said:
Surely they'll just fail it on things that they think would be a fail next year? Resulting in an expensive MOT for you and a cheap one for them next year.
Wasn't the case when I had my mk1 MOT'd under the scheme. I was told if something was borderline but thought it would last til the next MOT then they'd let it go. The car passed 2 MOT's so no they didn't just fail things. It's basically an insurance policy so it's not going to cost Audi anything beyond the premium they pay.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi peeps, I'm not counting my chickens but as I've only done 13500 miles I'm guessing / hoping that it won't need anything doing anyway.

They're going to check out my rattling parcel shelf too, anyone know the fix for this?

Sorry mods, slightly off topic :oops: but part of the service I suppose.

Thank's!!

R :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.