Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MOT is due end of the month.

Been looking locally and found a couple of garages whose price range from £27 - £35
Audi are quoting £49.99

A bit confused on where to go :?

What you guys recommend?

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
It's a pay your money and take your choice thing.

For £49.99 Audi offer an insurance which will pay for up to £750 for repair of any non-wearing items that fail the subsequent MoT. This is conditional on servicing work on the car being done at Audi.

If you use Audi for servicing I'd choose their MoT, if not one of the other cheaper places.

·
Super Moderator
8,675 Posts
brittan said:

For £49.99 Audi offer an insurance which will pay for up to £750 for repair of any non-wearing items that fail the subsequent MoT. This is conditional on servicing work on the car being done at Audi.

If you use Audi for servicing I'd choose their MoT, if not one of the other cheaper places.
Was just £39.99 @ Wearside Audi :)

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
brittan said:

Thanks Brittan, the car has full Audi service history and I would like to keep this up for both warranty work done (mech unit)and resale reasons.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ikon66 said:
brittan said:

Strange, I thought it was one price across the board. I may try ringing around to see if I get any difference in prices...

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Ikon66 said:
brittan said:

Even better! It would be a max of £45 at my local dealer, (I set up a TTOC discount with them) maybe less if they're in a good mood. :) I'll find out next month as that's when the car is booked in.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ikon66 said:
brittan said:

Did you buy your motor from Wearside Audi Ikon?

How did you find everything? I picked mine up from there a couple of weeks ago.

·
Super Moderator
8,675 Posts
lucatillio said:
Ikon66 said:
brittan said:

Did you buy your motor from Wearside Audi Ikon?

How did you find everything? I picked mine up from there a couple of weeks ago.
Yeah, brand new 4 years ago. Used to get the free mots from them also when I had my mk1, never had a problem only ever had I fail due to German style plates :?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Audi Teesside offers free lifetime MOTs. I've had 2 done from them so far.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had my TT MOT'd yesterday at Birmingham Audi for £49.99 (including the MOT protection). Passed with no probs and I was delighted with the courtesy car etc. Glad to be back in my TT though - I was given a brand new A3 convertible 1.6 oil burner - I sure missed the 3.2 V6 grunt of my TT!!!!! :p

·
Super Moderator
8,675 Posts
maxamus007 said:
Are you sure they're still doing that? All NE dealers used to until this year :?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the car booked in for Thursday at my local Audi dealer priced at £39.99

Sorted - :p

Just hope it passes now...

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LRM-V6 said:
I was given a brand new A3 convertible 1.6 oil burner - I sure missed the 3.2 V6 grunt of my TT! :p
I bet... 8)

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Ikon66 said:
maxamus007 said:
Are you sure they're still doing that? All NE dealers used to until this year :?
The last time i got mine done (April) they were doing it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
had mine done at Cardiff audi yesterday for £49.99, car 'breezed' through the MOT (its first) and now has the £750 MOT future insurance plus i also got an additional year of Audi Roadside assist for free, therefore well worth the extra amount compared to local MOT garages

cheeRS

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
graham john said:
had mine done at Cardiff audi yesterday for £49.99, car 'breezed' through the MOT (its first) and now has the £750 MOT future insurance plus i also got an additional year of Audi Roadside assist for free, therefore well worth the extra amount compared to local MOT garages

cheeRS
Is the free roadside assist an Audi offer or the dealer's own offer? Mine is due next month and taking it to the local dealer as it is under the AUC warranty MOT protection I got last year when I bought the car. Paying £49.99.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well the good news is that the car passed - :p :p

Bad news - while getting out the car this morning I discovered oil/grease marks on the top of the drivers seat and headrest. Also badly marked drivers mats with oil/grease patches.

Another thing I wasn't particulary happy with was that I had booked the MOT with Audi. However when I checked the stamp of the garage it was done at a non Audi MOT station/garage. Audi didn't tell me this until I questioned it and their response was that they had too many cars to do themselves on the day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts