Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah well,

the TT is now 2 years 11 months in my ownership from new, therefore MOT% is due early september, hope all goes well, are there any suspect failure points ? mileage is @ 48,000

cheeRS

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Have you decided where you will be taking yours to get done?
Audi or independent garage?

Mine is due on the 1st Septermber and thinking where is the best place?

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I wouldn't have thought you'd have to worry about anything major just yet. Check your tyres, lights ( be careful of aftermarket non white bulbs). Other than that you might need some routine attention to the brakes perhaps.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Mine is due too in Sept, with 17,100 on the clock. the only thing im not too happy with is the road vibration at the pedals. Any ides, as i seem to feel the road surface all the time.?? :?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have booked it into the dealer as they have offered an additional years roadside assistance and £750 insurance on mechanical parts failure for the 2013 M.O.T. which seems like a fair deal - i think this may well be an Audi thing generally though

cheeRS

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Mark 2 said:
Mine is due too in Sept, with 17,100 on the clock. the only thing im not too happy with is the road vibration at the pedals. Any ides, as i seem to feel the road surface all the time.?? :?
Could be drive shafts although unlikely I'd have thought with your mileage, but I'd get it looked at - vibrations on the pedals like that can be transmitted from elsewhere in the car or in the engine along linkage cables and accelerator pedals etc. It's probably not serious, but tracing the problem might be not so easy.

I'm assuming you're getting no vibrations on the steering wheel which would a wheel balance issue.

·
Registered
463 Posts
igotone said:
Mark 2 said:
Could be drive shafts although unlikely I'd have thought with your mileage, but I'd get it looked at - vibrations on the pedals like that can be transmitted from elsewhere in the car or in the engine along linkage cables and accelerator pedals etc. It's probably not serious, but tracing the problem might be not so easy.

I'm assuming you're getting no vibrations on the steering wheel which would a wheel balance issue.
No vibes from the stearing wheal whatsoever its just felt through all pedals and the foot rest. I will investigate.

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
If you have a full Audi Service history, I'd take it to an Audi dealer everytime as they can see you've had it looked after plus they've often got some pretty good deals on MOTs but be careful, once whenI went for an MOT I ended up having a test drive while waiting and ended up changing my car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
moro anis said:
If you have a full Audi Service history, I'd take it to an Audi dealer everytime as they can see you've had it looked after plus they've often got some pretty good deals on MOTs but be careful, once whenI went for an MOT I ended up having a test drive while waiting and ended up changing my car.
:p

..........thats what frightens me, i originally had an E class mercedes and was passing the Audi garage next door to the merc dealership (Cardiff Gate on the M4 junction)when i saw an R8 drive in, anyway, left the merc for a service, wandered around for some lunch, called in to the Audi dealership, and hey ho, two months later Audi TT quattro S Line

cheeRS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts