Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Have been looking around for a mk1 can't make my mind up on which one to go for, 1.8 225 or v6.
Can any of you post your mpg's.
I'm leaning towards the v6 but not if the mpg is terrible!

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
gar1.s said:
I'm pretty heavy footed to be honest.
20 is pretty low!!
i forgot to say, i suffer from a medical problem, its called 'lead foot syndrome', LFS for short, which can never be cured so ive beeen told by my doc :?

you can curb the desire howver with a stress ball, give a sqeuuze instead of the gas pedal is what ive been told :p

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 225, live in south west London, MPG is around 16- 20 depending on the traffic which is a lot. On a clear road you would easily get above 22 mpg (of course it depends on driving style)

·
Registered
342 Posts
i have a v6 and i regularly get 26mpg+ but that is mainly A and B roads. went to cornawall last week, and over the 900miles i averaged 30mpg with some pretty spirited driving whilst down there. but i do also have a bmc carbon air filter an cat back which has gained 3mpg on all cycles. also unblocked the N/S front grill to allow more air in

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
26! Now that sounds better. Is yours the dsg?
I drove my mates r32 a few months ago. Supurb engine, I take it they're the same!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I do alot of town driving in my local area but the girlfriend lives 30 miles away so i do a real good mix of motorway/town driving!
At the end of each tank it manages between 26-30MPG.

Thats an unmodified 1.8T 225.

Tom

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I used to get 25mpg around town/normal driving and 30mpg on a run from my old V6 DSG.
The DSG really helps the mpg in town/traffic driving, as you can pull away using the minimum amount of throttle/petrol.
John.

·
Registered
185 Posts
ive seen 30-40+ mpg on the computer on a run driving like Miss Daisy. Id say 20-30 would be an average local and 25-35 on a run driving normally even with roof down.
Put foot down and :eek: ive seen sub 12 mpg.

225 Roadster 1.8T

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
smalley said:
Put foot down and :eek: ive seen sub 12 mpg.
225 Roadster 1.8T
Drive the V6 in Sport all day with your foot down and you'd need a petrol tanker welded to your backside :eek: :p
John.

·
Registered
342 Posts
mine is a manual which helps i think. when i say 26 that is the lowest i have ever seen it on my normal drive. my normal tank lasts 320 miles at 28.7mpg

i took mine on a track day and over the two twenty minute sessions including a small warm up. then the drive there and back all totalling about 100miles i averaged 18mpg so not that bad at all really

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Many thanks for all your replies.
It doesn't sound like there's too much in it really.
I have driven the 225, very nice
I shall try the v6 then make my mind up.
Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
gar1.s said:
Hi. Have been looking around for a mk1 can't make my mind up on which one to go for, 1.8 225 or v6.
Can any of you post your mpg's.
I'm leaning towards the v6 but not if the mpg is terrible!
20-22 round town ------------30-35 motorway

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
On a mix of town/queues/motorway I get at least 30 indicated, usually more. On motorways 35 is normal but I saw 42.0 the other day. Get me!

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
42mpg? What were you doing, pushing it?!? :)

32-33mpg is normal for me, mostly M25 crawling/sprinting (yes, it happens occasionally), 60 mile daily round trip. 400 miles from a tank - not bad, even at £1.25/ltr. :eek:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
V6 dsg mine gets around 25-35mpg, a lot better than I expected in fact on average I get about 5mpg better than I did out of my mk1. However the mk1 was mapped and had a miltek which is an addictive sound.

As Gem says put the V6 in sport and give it some and you will be parted with a lot of money very quickly. V6 dsg mine gets around 25-35mpg, a lot better than I expected in fact on average I get about 5mpg better than I did out of my mk1. However the mk1 was mapped and had a miltek which is an addictive sound.

As Gem says put the V6 in sport and give it some and you will be parted with a lot of money very quckly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.