Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks - Some preliminary photos of my summer wheels as I just removed the winter wheels - it NEEDS lowereing :( it will be lowered in the next 2 weeks (Eibach Pro Kit). I liked this style as they look like they belong on an Audi..IMHO..Also they seem like they will be low maintenance as the wheel is painted black other than the machined surface to hide the brake dust..

I'll post some more pics once lowered and washed..

Specs:
MRR HR8 19" x 9.5" Offset 50 (this will extend the outside edge 8mm and inner edge 4mm - no clearance issues)
245/35 19" Yokohama trires

Rear the new MRR and the front OEM 18" (with 225/45 snow tires) for comparison....

G

·
hmmm look pretty good, but anything with a machined face is NOT low maintenance. It will most likely start to corrode within 12 months....

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
In the photographs they totally dominate the look of the car in the side view. They are lovely wheels, so this could be what you are looking for. It's also possible that the camera 'balance' is exaggerating the contrast and making it look a bit Tonka-toy. I think this will lessen when you drop it a bit, after which I'll probably be much less on the fence.

On the whole, I like them, and I reckon you're definitely on the right track. I suspect it looks better in the metal than the photographs suggest.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
i like em, very nice. You will need to wax them once a month in order to ensure that they do not go bad, in addition do not use any acid based cleaners on them, gd luck they look 8)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks guys - I will regulary coat them with Rejex ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.