Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some one vouch for which kit is the best? Do i go Backdraft Hybrid or go JBS hybrid? JBS clam a 320 - 340 BHP figure which is very appealing! however i dont want to buy a new engine which is my concern.....

Can some one advise me if its only backdraft and JBS that do the Hybrid conversion?

I have £2.5k - £3k to spend, and thats MAX! Price must include labour, all parts etc....

How about any forum sponsers putting their opinions in?

Looking for big power and tourque. :)

Any help would be much apprecieated.

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
Hi Juber
My Hybrid conversion will be complete within the next 10 -14 days including intensive testing and Dyno work .
I bought the Backdraft K04 Hybrid , its being fitted at APS along with an APS custom high flow manifold , ceramic coated .
some additional work including extra heatshilding and custom mapping on the Dyno

Hoping for a healthy, reliable 300bhp +

Will post up info and results when its complete

PM Ed at APS for info etc (he's on hols this week )

Mark

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark,

did you look into JBS's conversion? what was your thourght if you did? How would you compare Backdraft & JBS??? Both seem to have good names!

Here is JBS Stage 2 and Stage 3 for every one who doesnt know the full spec. Sounds like a deal and a half to me! (e-mail i copied & pasted)

Here are two stages of the JBS05 turbo upgrade

Stage one is up to 300bhp, this will include:

JBS05 turbo upgrade
Custom-Code Phase 3 mapping
4 Bar fuel pressure regulator
Oil, oil filter, coolant
All nuts, bolts, gaskets, washers etc
Labour
Total including VAT £2,314.94

Stage two is between 320-340bhp, this will include:

As above plus
JBS tubular collected manifold
Total including VAT £2,927.75

With both of these conversions if we can use your old turbo in exchange (has to be in good condition) it will bring the price down by £470.00inc VAT.

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
I looked around at different options , spoke to Mark at Backdraft a couple of times and have strong links with APS as i take both my cars there for mods, maintenance etc
APS were looking to develop their own highflow manifold to go with their downpipe etc so i offered my TT as a development car .
Gary who works with APS writing software for their maps used to write mapping software for AMD so everything is in place for a top job and custom map to get the safe maximum out of my set up .

PM sent
Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.