Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on here a few months now but haven't posted any pics of my TT yet, reason being my camera has decided to play up and take slightly blurry pics so please excuse the quality of some ( will invest in a dslr eventually :D )

Anyway here it is, had it since March and done just over 3000 miles so far without any major problems :p I have given it a service after 1st getting it which included new maf,plugs,oil, filter, temp sensor and stat... need to do the haldex oil and filter pretty soon as it is due imo. Have a set of Eibach spring to go on but 1st need to get a set of B4 or B6 shocks to go with them.. until then it looks a little high :oops:

About a month after getting it i decided to pc (g220) the paint work which was a nightmare being a silver car but after 2 days of going at it was happy with the results i got :lol:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gogs: Cheers mate, the thing that made it hard was having to work with 2 500w lamps reflecting off silver paint straight into my eyes, blinding literately [smiley=bigcry.gif]
Quick breakdown of what went on:
.Car washed with a 2 bucket method
.Clayed using meguiars clay and quick detailer
.check paint condition checking for depth of swirls,marks etc
.Car polished by machine ( a g220 in this case ) using Menzerna power finish ( medium cut ) on a sonus polishing pad
.Car is then polished again by machine this time using Menzerna final finish ( no cut high gloss ) on a finishing pad
.Washed again
.Car then Wax by hand, i used Auto glym HD wax as that was all i had to hand but a good off the shelf wax imo
.Tyres and exhaust done with autoglym products

back breaking work lol

Hoggy: Hi Fella and thanks for the 2nd welcome.... i have been on here since about march now :lol: :p :wink:

Jamman : Thanks mate, as said quality is not the best as i have dropped the camera too many time and it refuses to take sharp pictures anymore but once i get a decent camera i will take a drive out and get some nicer pics rather than on my drive :lol:

·
Registered
83,933 Posts
Looks well keep up the good work

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yellow TT : cheers mate.. got quite a few things i want to do with it, nothing special just the normal spacers, lowered slightly, maybe some RSTT wheels or bbs ch's plus a visit to wak to get it mapped once i sort the suspension... kind of a work in progress :p

James : Thanks, Silver is probably the most common colour they come in but i've never had a silver car so decided to give it a go on the TT :lol:

Ruffmeister: Haha, it is a nice enough colour but secretly i prefer them in Red :oops: :? :lol:

·
Registered
850 Posts
Jay-225 said:
Ruffmeister: Haha, it is a nice enough colour but secretly i prefer them in Red :oops: :? :lol:
:lol: Silver is original like you said and even I felt that, but the TT just looks so good in it! ...and it hides the dirt well! :roll:

Will look good with some spacers and lows 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts