Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A big thanks to Jody, Jackie and all the crew at Midlands VW for sorting out my car and costing under 4 numbers, impressive. Took her around the Midlands on the way back, M6 toll is a dream to drive on, went on it twice, cost a few quid though, so 140 miles later (I only live 35 miles from the garage) I am home and I am one happy fella.I feel GRRREEEAAAAAATT !! :D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
merlin c said:
A big thanks to Jody, Jackie and all the crew at Midlands VW for sorting out my car and costing under 4 numbers, impressive. Took her around the Midlands on the way back, M6 toll is a dream to drive on, went on it twice, cost a few quid though, so 140 miles later (I only live 35 miles from the garage) I am home and I am one happy fella.I feel GRRREEEAAAAAATT !! :D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Great news Steve what did you have done? :?

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
staners1 said:
merlin c said:
Here you go Marc...
rear crank oil seal
clutch
sump removal and reseal
New front wishbone bushes
cam belt, tensioner, hydraulic tensioner and water pump with metal impellar
4WD laser alignment
engine mount repair.
They even tightened up the subframe as they found it was loose. :eek:

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
merlin c said:
staners1 said:
merlin c said:
Here you go Marc...
rear crank oil seal
clutch
sump removal and reseal
New front wishbone bushes
cam belt, tensioner, hydraulic tensioner and water pump with metal impellar
4WD laser alignment
engine mount repair.
Geeez they did do well to keep it under 4 numbers :p

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
merlin c said:
WTF!! :eek:

I think you've done really well there to get that lot for under £1k, even if it was £999 :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forgot, I bought the cambelt kit but even then it was very cheap overall... :D

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
staners1 said:
merlin c said:
Extremely cheap are you shore your not paying them in kind some where along the lines :p
If he is it's a nice little earner for 2 mins work :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
warrenstuart said:
staners1 said:
merlin c said:
Extremely cheap are you shore your not paying them in kind some where along the lines :p
If he is it's a nice little earner for 2 mins work :lol:
my secret is out...... :lol: :lol:

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,549 Posts
Hi Steve, Excellent news. [smiley=dude.gif] Leave the spanners in their box for a while & just wash & polish her. :lol: :wink:
Hoggy. :D

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hoggy said:
Hi Steve, Excellent news. [smiley=dude.gif] Leave the spanners in their box for a while & just wash & polish her. :lol: :wink:
Hoggy. :D
and I've just started changing my valve seats, how do those funny shaped metal bars go back on, there are 2 of them???? :lol:

·
Registered
84,230 Posts
Getting that lot for under £1k was a great deal well done Midlands VW

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Good result then Steve, must be a record doing 140 miles for 35, not to mention twice on the toll road :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
forest said:
Good result then Steve, must be a record doing 140 miles for 35, not to mention twice on the toll road :lol:
great road, £4-00 first time then £5-50 second time but it was further and south bound (everything south bound is more expensive it seems) a pleasure to drive on and EMPTY :eek: :D

1sttt said:
Well done mate. Now remember next time if it won't come off use a bigger hammer. :p or you can check for more bolts holding it on that sometimes helps.
lesson learnt..for now :D

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Midland VW are doing work on my TT next week,consisting off clutch kit, master cylinder and lower wishbone rear bushes.

Chris and Jody seem good people and well knowledgable.

In the future theyll be getting all my work i want doing and some more isnt far off with the plans i have :wink:

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jamman said:
Good news mate glad you are happy :)
Thanks James, its been emotional :evil: ... [smiley=bigcry.gif] ... :oops: .... :D .... [smiley=mexicanwave.gif]

st3v3 said:
Midland VW are doing work on my TT next week,consisting off clutch kit, master cylinder and lower wishbone rear bushes.

Chris and Jody seem good people and well knowledgable.

In the future theyll be getting all my work i want doing and some more isnt far off with the plans i have :wink:
Ditto...........they may be 30 odd mile away, depends whether I go M6 trolling, but they also will be my garage from now on... :lol:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I always use mid vw. They are great. Charged me the same for my cambelt change this year as thwy did for my last one 4 yrs ago. Advice is free. Their work is great value. I don't take The Black Pearl anywhere else :grin:
Stu
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.