Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So thought i'd start a little thread for my TT.

Little bit of history - Bought her in Jan this year, standard 225bhp, it's been in the same family since brand new.
Fully documented Audi Service History with original bill of sale which state's it was purchased for over £28k.
Registered as a 2003 model on a 52 plate. Had 42,000 miles on the clock and hasn't even hit 44,000 miles yet :p
Weekend car.

The wheels have been ripped to shreds, but letting the misses get used to it before they get refurbed.

Mod's to date are:
Eibach Srings - which haven't changed the ride height as i have the facelift model.
R32 Anti Roll Bars with Power Flex Bushes
3" Turbo Intake Pipe with Silicone Turbo, coolant hoses
VTDA Inductions Kit - Damien, thank you for the review and your write up on this :p
What a kit - i can't get enough of the sound it makes and performance isn't too far off. A growl is the word - Also thanks to Steve as he was very helpful and tried to match the colour via powder coating - not too far off. Cheers Steve.

SteviedTT's Engine bing kit - very nice touch :lol:

I'm very happy with the suspension set up, hasn't lowered her, which is slightly disappointing but the handling is fantastic.
The Anti Roll Bars have made a hugh difference and is a must on a mod list to the TT - I find myself over steering as i still haven't got used to how easily it handles the bends.

She drive a lot more freely with the VTDA and hoses.

Have a few more mods still to do but will and as and when they are done.

Time for some pics :roll:

Mods Pic

Engine bay befor pic's

After pic's

Updates soon.

Thanks Boris

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
greyhound said:
Great love it, its nice to know the history so well to isint it?
Look after it Borisss
Yep, was looking for a while, the full dealer history was the seller for me, along with all work being done at Audi, i have evey MOT cert from Audi too :p Not easy to come across and i got a bargin at £5900 :p

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Looking good Boris :)

Looks like there are going to be two similar Avus TT's on here lol

Picked mine up on Friday, our engine bays are going to be the same, apart from my VTDA is crackled black (winging its way back from Steve in first class, thanks to Damien)

Keep the mods coming :p

·
Registered
709 Posts
Love the TT! It's Looking well looked after and I'm kinda little jealous of the VTDA, really want one of those :D

One question though, you said...

Borisp said:
Eibach Srings - which haven't changed the ride height as i have the facelift model.
So why haven't they lowered the car? If the Facelift version is dropped by 20mm then they should still drop it by 25mm? ...or am I missing something?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pot Of Jam said:
Love the TT! It's Looking well looked after and I'm kinda little jealous of the VTDA, really want one of those :D

One question though, you said...

Borisp said:
So why haven't they lowered the car? If the Facelift version is dropped by 20mm then they should still drop it by 25mm? ...or am I missing something?
There fitment for the springs are for Models 1998 - 2006
If i had the pre facelift model then it would have lowered the car by 25mm - but as it's the facelift model it actually raised it a little - need to measure up again as it has settled in now.

I did email eibach about this - they wanted the part numbers off each spring which i haven't got round to doing.
To be honest there not going to do anything about it - as i have read a few reviews on here with the same thing happening.

Also don't want to pay the labour costs again now on getting the Apex springs fitted.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LordG71 said:
Hi Boris, looking good. Keep the pictures coming :)

Neil
Thanks LordG71 - More pics to come soon as Damien has sourced the Evo Valve :p

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Duggy said:
Looking good Boris :)

Looks like there are going to be two similar Avus TT's on here lol

Picked mine up on Friday, our engine bays are going to be the same, apart from my VTDA is crackled black (winging its way back from Steve in first class, thanks to Damien)

Keep the mods coming :p
Ah good stuff Duggy, make sure you get some pics up :)

You'll love the VTDA

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
neilc said:
Looking good Boris , seems like a really great example :D
Cheers Neil - I'm always happy to p/x with the V6 :p if your missing the Turbo

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Few pic's of the interior - after a bit of time spent last weekend, cleaning and conditioning the leathers.

Sorry but forgot to take before pics, so all are after pics.

Sun spoils the pic's a bit.

More updates to come soon :p :p :p

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First off used an old cloth with warm water to get all the dirt off, then just sprayed it with Armer All - quite a bit of it then rubbed it in with a clean cloth - end result :p

Oh and take them all off the car first so you can give everything else a good clean too 8)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So a few extra bit's going on tomorrow before the big weekend :p

Pagid front and rear discs
EBC Red Stuff Pads all round
Goodridge Phantom Stainless Steel Braided hoses
Motul RBF600 brake fluid
SFS Upper Right Intercooler/Boost Hose to replace the Creation one, which wasn't a great fit but still does the job - everything has to be right tho 8)

Some pics of all the bits

1 - 20 of 45 Posts