Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After recently completing alot of mods on the car I thought it might be good to complete a build thread to show how the car has changed over the 2 years I've owned it.
So starting at the beginning.

May 2007
After a month or so of looking around I narrowed it down to a few cars. I eventually purchased this completely standard 225 with the usual spec.

Now unlike some people who have come from a modifying car background, although always being interested in cars I knew nor cared nothing for the modifying scene. All this September 2007.
I was off work for over 5 weeks after having appendicitis. Bored out my head sitting at home I started googling about my car and found the TTFORUM.

After looking at a few pics I realised that a few subtle changes could really improve the car. I needed new tyres anyway so ordered some 18" RS4 reps to replace my oem 17" wheels.

As you can see I needed spacers and it needed lowering so (or so I was told from the forum bods!) so I soon had ordered spacers and bought some eibach springs.

As you can see I had also managed to pick up a set of Brembo GT callipers. I had them repowdercoated/new seals and new decals. All fitted at APS. A superb mod.

While having the brakes fitted I had my first remap at APS, an induction kit fitted and a V6 valance. I had done the WAK box before and the modshack gives the same growl, but for longer.

If you haven't had a remap already DO IT!

I then began my led frenzy. Finding lots of places for red leds. These are all wired to fade on with the interior light and come on with the ignition. Some pics here:

We then had the magnex group buy. Looked amazing when fitted and sounded awesome. In the end it was little too boomy for me, but only on long journeys.

I'd now been to quite a few meets and had some ideas that I wanted my TT to stand out. I almost bought Yans TT (below), but couldn't sell mine in time.

By a stroke of luck, Rob (elrao) bought the car took the parts he wanted and then sold the rest.
I spent alot of money that month. FMIC, Blue flame 3" downpipe +sportscats, TIP, Upper Boost hoses, black petrolcap, DEFI gauges and a stage 3 remap. (APS)

That was it for a while. I then needed new tyres and fancied a change and picked these up at a good price.

Then has DRLs and smoked corners fitted by WAS and finally the latest exterior mods. I've been wanting this since I saw pics of a similar car those first few months after buying the car. Now it's all coming together.
Full Rieger R-Frame kit, QS black roof and mirrors, custom painted engine bay, tinted rear lights+ windows and 5 brake light mod.

More pics to follow after this weekend and my plans for the next few months.

8)

- Thanks to APS, Was, Ultimate Styling for all the work on the car so far and all those who have given support or help along the way. :p

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Lovely lovely motor mate [smiley=sweetheart.gif] do like that ALOT

·
Registered
720 Posts
nice little write up! Not sure if it's me but I'm seeing the same picture repeated lots of times??

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Car looks alright, now it might be me, but have you posted the same picture seven times? If not my eye for detail in the change is awful.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Looking really lovely! :)

·
Registered
16,945 Posts
Good thread Matt , wish i had taken more pics of mine along the way :roll:

Mark

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
it is very nice even with that front end I just can not get used to that yet on the A6 or A8 no problem.
I will say it does make it look aggressive with the extra splitters I give it an A
keep going............ :)

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
I like everything except the lack of a rear spoiler - looks too passive with the rest looking so agressive - if you want to retain the lines maybe add one of these (in phantom black?)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Nice thread Matt,

I wish I could do another thread like that but unfortunatley...no TT any longer! (I regret every day selling her) :cry:

Well done matey. You're a great chap with a very nice car!!

Take care buddy!

Regards as always,

Martin :p

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Adam RRS said:
Matt

Your TT's come so far! Cant believe the change!

So whats next? If your done with the bodywork, might be an idea to have it detailed?

Have you considered a retrim?
Cheers

Suspension next. Handles horribly at the mo (rolls like one of those range rover things :wink: ) and some other issues. Need the lot looking over and then seeing what NEEDs replacing rather than just start buying antiroll bars/coilies if I dont need to.

ps - you going to Italy?

·
Registered
940 Posts
very nice car you made the right choice leaving the spoiler off makes me wish i could do everything planned right now, bet it feels like a completely new car :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

virgin post (I'm an A3 guy - so please go easy on me!!).

Firstly, lovely car - I esp like the "new audi" style front as well as the rear exhaust, really sets the car off :wink:

The main reason for coming to the site originally was to ask some of you guys about the Brembo Jr GT kit - I've got one and I'm struggling to fit it :(

I see you've got one on, as well as now running RS6 wheels (which I have a fondness for! ) and I was wandering if I could be a bit nosey - are you running any spacers with those?

I'm running with 17" OEM 9-spoke at the mo and whilst the diameter is ok, I'm touching on the inner curve of the spoke. Been told the 6-spoke avus as small as 17" fit over them but I really like the 5-spoke RS6s.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the info mate - noticed it's in your sig!!! Are you using them to clear the caliper or fill out the arches?
Sorry for the Spanish Iquisition!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts