Audi TT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just some advice please.
My car is booked into Audi tomorrow for it's first MOT, when I arranged to book it in I was asked if I wanted 'forte protection' or at least it sounded like that!

Anyway they told me it was somthing that they added to the car prior to the MOT to improve the cars fuel efficiency! (Costs approx £20.00) Being a woman and blinded by their expanation I just agreed!

So, my question is: has anyone ever heard of this or been offered it by their Audi franchised dealer? and if they have is it worth it?

Or is this just another money making scam by the stealer???

Thank You.

Michala

·
Registered
886 Posts
mine just passed its first mot with flying colours at 48000 miles, sounds like (quick its a women syndrome) to me :roll:

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
Dear Dr Mike,

Open wide, stick out your tongue and go Aaaaaaaaaah...

I think you've caught shaftitis...

What the hell are they on about?

Cheers

rich :p

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
I think your first mistake was taking it to a dealer! Never heard of that stuff
My car is 8 yrs old and sailed thru its MOT yesterday with no work at all.
8)

·
Registered
886 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
what did we ever do before google? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha Ha Ha thanks for the prompt replies, and yes totally agree that Dane AUDI CHESTER have tried to shaft me so with this 'forte protection'

In fact even one of my cooleagues was laughing when I told him what i had agreed to!!!
Feel a bit daft now :oops: :oops:

Oooo if they ever come to see me with toothache...............!!

Thanks

Michala

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
cancel the MOT and go to a local place near by. no doubt they will probably find something which needs changing

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
An MOT can be done anywhere, so if your able to and have time to, cancel it with Audi and have a lot of faith as IT WILL PASS :p :wink:

·
Registered
886 Posts
what she said :p

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
Dr mike said:
Feel a bit daft now :oops: :oops:
Dear Dr Mike,

As if I would embarrass one of my patients! Your secret is public with me... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
886 Posts
come to London £99 pound a filling lol even if it fails u can afford to fix it :lol:

·
Registered
886 Posts
sorry about the dig.......... I need three......... bang goes my remap :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keith,

I'll sort your teeth and fillings out for you.......... just pop them in the post to me and i'll see what i can do for you !! :lol: :lol:

Michala

·
Administrator
33,050 Posts
I like the fillings in the post quip :lol:

Chester Audi are one of the better dealers too. Always friendly, free coffee and the occasional free part thrown in. I once had 40 minutes of free diagnosis for which they appologised for the wait! :eek:

I suppose they may have been sold the treatment by a salesperson who took them in too :roll: .

I wouldn't bother with oil addatives as a good oil should have all it needs to start with. I'm planning on seeing them next week so I'll quiz them over this :wink: .

Welcome by the way :)

·
Registered
84,232 Posts
My local Audi dealer gives me free MOTs as part of there Premier Plus 3 service also 10% off parts and 30% off labour not that I use there labour :p

·
Registered
886 Posts
Dr mike said:
Keith,

I'll sort your teeth and fillings out for you.......... just pop them in the post to me and i'll see what i can do for you !! :lol: :lol:

Michala
Sorry I accidently knocked the glass over containing my teeth during the night, when I find them I’ll send them to you nash on delivery. :lol:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
i take mine to the local authority fo MOT , they do all the Taxis there and are non biased .Plus I work on the authority so get MOT half price at £20
Audi offerd me free MOT for life but there is no chance , they would prob find 20k worth of work IMO

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I also do a bit of dentestry :p well not legaly , but I can do the odd filling with my Dremmil multi :p and some araldite rapid

1 - 20 of 20 Posts