Audi TT Forum banner

My first ever "I don't like the mk1 TT" comment today!

2K views 58 replies 32 participants last post by  TTSPORT666 
#1 ·
As the title says, I had my first ever I don't like the mk1 TT comment today, I'm used to always being told its a cracking looking little car, it's the best looking car I've seen, to be honest I was a little lost for words!

Have any of you ever had an I don't like the mk1 TT comment?

#5 ·
gogs said:
As the title says, I had my first ever I don't like the mk1 TT comment today, I'm used to always being told its a cracking looking little car, it's the best looking car I've seen, to be honest I wa a little lost for words!

No but the police have asked about the blood stains in the boot. And I having trouble finding new spots for the bodies...

Brian

#6 ·
gogs said:
As the title says, I had my first ever I don't like the mk1 TT comment today, I'm used to always being told its a cracking looking little car, it's the best looking car I've seen, to be honest I wa a little lost for words!

I would have kicked his guide dog ;)

#7 ·
Tritium said:
gogs said:

No but the police have asked about the blood stains in the boot. And I having trouble finding new spots for the bodies...

Brian
I thought you'd bought one of those rubber boot mats for that problem Brian!

#10 ·
I thought you'd bought one of those rubber boot mats for that problem Brian![/quote]

:oops: Guilty as charged you been following me?

Little tip: I find supermarket plaggy bags more suited - easier to dispose of with body and cheaper - Speaking as a Yorkshire man - who are miserable Scotsmen so far as money goes :lol:

gogs said:
He is a bit of a Pratt tbh, but even so I thought what a Tosser, even if I didn't like someone's car I'd be unlikely to say it to them, if we all liked the same things it would be a boring old world I guess
You think right mate. Ignore and move on. He can't accept most think the TT is a beautiful car. If it looks right, it is.

Brian

#11 ·
Tritium said:
I thought you'd bought one of those rubber boot mats for that problem Brian!
:oops: Guilty as charged you been following me?

Little tip: I find supermarket plaggy bags more suited - easier to dispose of with body and cheaper - Speaking as a Yorkshire man - who are miserable Scotsmen so far as money goes :lol:

gogs said:
He is a bit of a Pratt tbh, but even so I thought what a Tosser, even if I didn't like someone's car I'd be unlikely to say it to them, if we all liked the same things it would be a boring old world I guess
You think right mate. Ignore and move on. He can't accept most think the TT is a beautiful car. If it looks right, it is.

Brian[/quote]

Us scotsmen have to pay for our plaggy bags these days mate!

#13 ·
TT Translator=

"that's a girl's car" = "what a gorgeous looking machine"
"is that a hairdresser's car?" = " I wish I could afford one of those"
" Is that a Quattro" = "how cool! A sports car you can take out in winter."
" is that the 225?" = "I actually know a bit about cars"

#15 ·
MrBazUK said:
I can only assume they were walking their golden labrador at the time.

Dark glasses and a white stick?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Made me laugh. Awesome comment!

#17 ·
in my honest opinion. I own a 2009 TTS (272) but I used to own a 2001 mk1 (225) and I miss it dearly even tho technically I now have a superior car.
I'm now looking for an old wreck to fix up 225 to compete in the MSV championship in 2014.
However If you ever see REG: YG51HKE PLEASE get their contact details I'd like to buy it back. MK! TT will be as iconic as the VW beetle and I dont give a fuck what anyone thinks also

#20 ·
I had a classmate snear at my TT last week. "Girls car", he said. The girl with us said, "No it's not...it's awesome, sexy!" He then walked away and drove off in his Honda POS. :wink:

cheers

#23 ·
I've had the following conversation a few times:

Bloke: It's a girl's car.
Me: Well done for stating the obvious. :roll:
Bloke: The TT is a hairdresser's car.
Me: Nope, I can assure you that it's a solicitor's car. :roll: Next?
Bloke: Is it Quattro?
Me: Yep
Bloke: Quattro uses loads of power and slows the car up.
Me: That's why it has 225 horses. What BHP are you running?
Bloke: Er, I think my phone's ringing... [sharp exit]

:lol:

#24 ·
Ive had one or two jealous, yet insanely witty comments from a couple of friends.... i had them tracked by an Azerbaijani wrestler shortly afterwards. One of them will never be able to do the lambada ever again but is now the Devon regional champion limbo dancer for three years consistently.... sadly not by choice, but i have to applaud his determination to get on with things and forget the whole debacle.
The other is now an integral component of a pillar supporting the M5 motorway.

Aside from those niggles, all ive ever had are positive comments.

Its an 11 or 12 year old design now and still turns heads, still attracts glancing looks and still gets compliments.... and i never tire of driving in it.

#26 ·
Skeee said:
TT Translator=

"that's a girl's car" = "what a gorgeous looking machine"
"is that a hairdresser's car?" = " I wish I could afford one of those"
" Is that a Quattro" = "how cool! A sports car you can take out in winter."
" is that the 225?" = "I actually know a bit about cars"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.