Audi TT Forum banner

My new BBS LM reps & a link to NEW group buy!

5K views 117 replies 29 participants last post by  extremewheels 
#1 ·
Group Buy now organised:-

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=169834&p=1728853#p1728853I have just collected my BBS LM reps.

I am mightily impressed with the quality and finish.

They are made in Germany :)

They are TUV approved.

Come with proper BBS carbon fibre effect centre caps with 3D BBS logo.

The studs around them are high quality screw in metal ones and are replaceable.

Wheels are not very heavy.

They are extremely well packaged with rim protectors fitted etc.

If any of you are interested; I have already discussed a groups buy with the supplier :)

Price is around the £400 mark for the LM wheels with centre caps included, for an extra £25 a full set of TUV approved bolts and TUV approved locking bolts can be supplied (both made in Italy).

They are available with the centres in gunmetal, flat black, gloss black, silver and soon available in white all with polished rim.

BBS CH are also available in a choice of colours too and I think they are a little cheaper than the LM's.

I will be able to get more details to post here soon but if you like the sound of this as a GB then please post you interest here. Please don't PM as inbox is already quite full :wink:

I'll post up some nice detail and general pics in the next few days.

See less See more
#2 ·
As Im still considering a rim change I would be interested to see some decent pictures mate. Would also be interested to hear if they can do staggered sets (ie 8.5x19 front, 9.5x19 rear) and what price these would be? Out of interest where is the supplier located?

#3 ·
He did mention being able to do staggered Tim.

He's based in Sussex.

Really nice guy, knows his stuff and very good prices.

He can also do TUV approved alloys wheel spacers (if anyone is interested); I had a look and the quality of those was great too.

#5 ·
smithtt said:
was that bm autosport?
No but I know of them, they are in Eastbourne aren't they and quite a good company.

This supplier is over Hastings way.

#7 ·
I might be interested in the CH's.

#9 ·
Tim G said:
KentishTT said:
smithtt said:
was that bm autosport?
No but I know of them, they are in Eastbourne aren't they and quite a good company.

This supplier is over Hastings way.
I guess its the guy that advertises on ebay, Mark someone..? I have considered going to look at a set to see the quality as they are quite local to me & I could save on postage :p
That's the chap, really nice guy.

The quality of these wheels is excellent; as expected for a German product.

He's very helpful too, he had the wheels at his house for me so that I could collect them in the evening.

#11 ·
I just got a set of staggered 19s gun metal grey with caps and bolts all packaged up for £500.00 , just got to get them fitted now, will post pics up shortly.

#12 ·
JOE90 said:
I just got a set of staggered 19s gun metal grey with caps and bolts all packaged up for £500.00 , just got to get them fitted now, will post pics up shortly.
Mark the supplier mentioned you to me and that you went for gunmetal and staggered with 9"

A lot of suppliers are unable to do staggered, he can though and appears very flexible in what he can supply.

#15 ·
duncs09 said:
Any pictures?
Still in boxes without tyres - only collected and inspected them last night.

Going on this weekend ......hopefully but have coilovers to fit and a boost leak to find or poos a coilpack to replace.

Also have a new set of wheels tyre, hubs, hub bearings, rear brakes and hydraulics and handbrakes cables to fit on my MG.

Errr plus study and submit my university assignment :oops:

Oh and there's my full time job too for which I'm busy getting ready for a meeting in the US next weekend/week.

Damn not enough hours in a day!

I will grab some pics and post though when I can :wink:

#16 ·
I always have to laugh when someone thinks because something's made in Germany then it's "quality".

Yes, German cars have a very good reputation but just because "made in Germany" is stamped across a manufactured item then don't assume it's fit for purpose.
The alloys sound good but the proof is in the user feedback and the analysis of weight, balance, corrosion resistance, hardness, impact resistance etc.

I just don't want to see people ripped off so please folks, do your homework.
Feedback on the wheels after 1000+ motoring would help and some good pictures.
Will everyone say these are quality if they crack after a year?

Peter

#22 ·
petesky said:
I always have to laugh when someone thinks because something's made in Germany then it's "quality".

Yes, German cars have a very good reputation but just because "made in Germany" is stamped across a manufactured item then don't assume it's fit for purpose.
The alloys sound good but the proof is in the user feedback and the analysis of weight, balance, corrosion resistance, hardness, impact resistance etc.

I just don't want to see people ripped off so please folks, do your homework.
Feedback on the wheels after 1000+ motoring would help and some good pictures.
Will everyone say these are quality if they crack after a year?

Peter
Not many (if any) Chinese reps have German TUV approval and that's the thing to look for.

TUV approval means you do have comeback if they are not up to standard.

#24 ·
zorg said:
zorg said:
was the price quoted for 18s or 19s?

-z
Mine were £409 and are 18" but I think that he could do a good deal for 19" at not much more.

#25 ·
KentishTT said:
zorg said:
zorg said:
was the price quoted for 18s or 19s?

-z
Mine were £409 and are 18" but I think that he could do a good deal for 19" at not much more.
Did you get centre BBS centre caps from him included Kev? Can you unpack one and get a few decent pictures of them before you get tyres fitted ? Would be good to see some :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.