Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after a week and a half of owning my new TT i managed to duck the showers and get a few almost decent shots!

My thoughts on it from the moment i got it are that it is fantastic to look at especially when you know its all yours :D, sat inside still loving it, nice solid firm feel about it, same with the drive, confident and fun, just wants you to push it all the time as soon as you pull away!

So all pretty positive as an experience so far im happy to say, my only 2 negatives are that it got delivered with a v small dent in the passengers door which im getting sorted hopefully next week with Audi and the whistling ive only just noticed on motorways when im cruising at 80mph, im asuming the wing air flow is the prob? is this solvable can i tell Audi im doing 80 when it does it? :E

For anyone with kids, my 4 and 8 year old stick insects fit in just fine whithout much messing around with the seats, im 5'11".

Loving the colour and im actually happy after all with the Black leather even though a few times i wasnt sure id made the right decision i now feel that seing it in the flesh its actually great especially with kids that tend to make the back of the seat dirty in no time! :/

Anyway Booooooooooooooooooooring, heres the pics...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Looks good 0 keep enjoying it, i'm the same just keep going to drive it at the slightest chance.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks good (you might want to hide your plates though)

Nice to see one on standard wheels for a change :) Instead of all the bling wheels........ :twisted: (runs to take cover!!)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i stuck with the standard wheels and really like them, could be slightly less tyre but hey :)

Photo taken across the road from me in brockworth, gloucester where theyre building a new estate, thought the backgroud looked nice and messy :E

as far as numbr plates go i might have changed a digit ;)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hi Metaka - nice looking car, good colour and wheel choice. DSB in many lights does look black but when you live with it you really see it's colour shine through.

In homage to the recent "looks good on RS4s" - I wonder if anyone has a DSB with RS4s

G

·
RockinRobin said:
Hi Metaka - nice looking car, good colour and wheel choice. DSB in many lights does look black but when you live with it you really see it's colour shine through.

In homage to the recent "looks good on RS4s" - I wonder if anyone has a DSB with RS4s
Hiya Robin, you Ok buddy? not seen you on the forum for a few days.
DSB on RS4's??? nope, never seen.
Neither have I seen Condor Grey or ice silver.

Some TT's seem to stick with the Turbines, which I actually really really like. In fact, wished a little bit I was going to get. Suit the TT to a T!

But I am gonna stick to the 19 inch RS4's... I mean who cannot choose against these babies....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Its a long standing forum cliche :eek:

But that does look good on RS4's :oops:

G

·
I just hope that I don't get bored of them!

I have had my set of 4 sat behind me in my office for weeks now.
Was hoping to have them on my TT next month, but now not the case as you all know.

I did borrow a V6 condor grey last summer with Turbines, and kind of wish I was owning a TT with those on each corner. :?

Are the Turbines the wheel of the mk2 TT? or are the RS4's??? now there is a Q.! :p
(Some might even say the 17 inch Traps are! :?: ) (ps. not forgetting the other wheels options of course!)

·
Registered
180 Posts
:eek: Are the "tubans" an option in the indian sub continent :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didnt see them on our option sheet, I guess they stick out a bit . . . . .how do you cope if they unravel on you at speed :roll:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Janitor said:
Of course the Turbans are the TT wheel - hand in hand design-wise [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

RS4's are the wheel of the, well, RS4
And the A3, the TT, the Vauxhall Astra, the Golf..... Replicas have spoilt it a bit imo, and thats coming from me who had bought rep RS4's. In a way glad i got refund, i have opened my eyes to the wider market.

Fortunately the RS4 and the TT are the only cars I have seen that can actually "work" with the wheel and carry the look really well. Other pairings just look wrong imo.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
huggy said:
:eek: Are the "tubans" an option in the indian sub continent :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didnt see them on our option sheet, I guess they stick out a bit . . . . .how do you cope if they unravel on you at speed :roll:
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RockinRobin said:
I think when you live with it, DSB doesnt look as black as its made out, it looks really much blue'er than photos show it to be, I think the pearlecent should be more so though, pearlecent is really supposed to give off a different colour under reflection fom different angles and this only does this very very slightly, it would be cool if it was more like the TVR paint jobs :D

·
Registered
880 Posts
Metaka said:
RockinRobin said:
I think when you live with it, DSB doesnt look as black as its made out, it looks really much blue'er than photos show it to be, I think the pearlecent should be more so though, pearlecent is really supposed to give off a different colour under reflection fom different angles and this only does this very very slightly, it would be cool if it was more like the TVR paint jobs :D
Nah, DSB looks far classier than those TVR paint jobs (which look very dated now IMO).

Would look better with bigger wheels IMO, but still looks ace as it is [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.