Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally just had my new turbo fitted in my 225 and hey presto no exhaust smoke now.The drive is really different now, I get a wee dip in power around 3000 revs and the new turbo screams a little but I'm guessing there must me a wearing in period. I'd be interested to know if anyone else had this problem, I can easily live with it but my old turbo although smokey, was far smoother without any dips in power.

Look forward to your replies

Andy

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was fitted by a volkwagen dealer but they also have an audi dealership in the next town. So it was an original part. I think the seal in the turbo was worn. I had all the breather pipes replaced so I guess it was a case of the last thing to do was change the turbo.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Please please if it's screaming it's not right, and don't believe it's just running in! They don't run in. They work 100% or are on a slow road to failure.. I would say get it looked at, there is a good chance that it will just be a small boost leak making it scream but it needs to be looked at, honestly take it back and don't leave until they have sorted it...

·
Registered
14,496 Posts
dsnd_medic said:
Finally just had my new turbo fitted in my 225 and hey presto no exhaust smoke now.The drive is really different now, I get a wee dip in power around 3000 revs and the new turbo screams a little but I'm guessing there must me a wearing in period. I'd be interested to know if anyone else had this problem, I can easily live with it but my old turbo although smokey, was far smoother without any dips in power.

Look forward to your replies

Andy
no such a thing as a wearing in period, brand new turbo should work straight out of the box , if you don't clean sump ,strainer and oil pipes, prepare to replace your turbo again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts