Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,020 Posts
I've been a member on here for a while and I thought I'd start a progress thread for my TT. The progress threads section isn't active so I posted it here.

My previous cars have both been Corsas.

The first was my first car and was a 2001 1.0 'C'. This was modified on a very tight budget, and was completely cosmetic. I wanted to keep it subtle, without any bodykits etc. I colour coded various parts and tinted others, I even resprayed the wheels myself.

IMG_3577.JPG

IMG_3572.JPG

Then I moved on to a 2006 1.3 CDTi 'D', a much bigger and more modern car, with the small diesel as I was back and forwards from uni and it needed to be cheap to run. Quite nippy too, especially compared to the more common 1.0 and 1.2's. I didn't do so much to this, but I did swap the lights with SRi ones and fitted OEM Limited Edition wheels. I also fitted OEM cruise control to this, and that is where I got the retrofitting bug!

IMG_3800_zpsdb6b1f48.JPG

IMG_3805_zps95fa64a6.JPG

When insurance cost became more reasonable I decided I wanted something with a big engine, preferably a 'V' after growing up with my dad owning several Rover V8s. I also wanted to enjoy the sound while these are still around, with larger engines being phased out for smaller turbo ones.

The 3.2 V6 fitted the bill and I soon found myself a 2007 Phantom Black TT, with a decent spec (Quattro, full heated leather, Bose, bluetooth handsfree etc). I fitted an aux in to the BNS 5.0 navigation, as well as cruise control.

The LED interior light pack was next, and I fitted twin boot lights and ambient, footwell, puddle and door warning lights, all coded in as OEM.

Finally, I recently fitted an S-line bumper and diffuser, which really modernises the rear of the car. It also came with OEM parking sensors which I plan to wire in soon, after I have finished the auto-dimming rear view mirror, auto headlights and auto wipers.

IMG_5211_zpsazrnnl9a.JPG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,025 Posts
Great progress mate
Are you Keeping the bumper thing going and facelifting the front too ?
Skirts ?

I found it to be like an addiction once I started lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep it's all planned haha. Once you start it's hard to stop

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I saw your advert but I can't really ATM as the paint is the expensive bit. If you still have it in future I'd probably be interest

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
My first car was a corsa C!!

Ahh the days haha I thought I was mint with my 2002 blacked out 1.2 sxi with 120,000 miles on the clock and nothing but problem after problem [smiley=bomb.gif] but it served its purpose at the time. 3 cars later and onto the v6 for me too!

The TT does look great in black!!

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mickee92 said:
My first car was a corsa C!!

Ahh the days haha I thought I was mint with my 2002 blacked out 1.2 sxi with 120,000 miles on the clock and nothing but problem after problem [smiley=bomb.gif] but it served its purpose at the time. 3 cars later and onto the v6 for me too!

The TT does look great in black!!
Mine was fairly reliable, only time I had anything major was the water pump failing twice. First time round I replaced it before it went, second time it failed on a motorway. But the parts were silly cheap, I did a full service on it for about £20 including oil (only about 2 litres) and spark plugs (just 3 of them)!

bhoy78 said:
Nice work and the cleanest corsa I have ever seen 8)

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,020 Posts
Clearly I haven't kept this thread very well updated, so I'll start adding some of the previous stuff I've done

With the BNS 5.0 fitted from factory with CD changer, it wasn't very suitable for playing music from my phone - Spotify etc. My first dabble with retrofits was an aux input, though I didn't use OEM parts, and looking back I have learnt a lot when it comes to car wiring. I have since removed it for an OEM one, more of that later on

15.png

Next came cruise control. Fairly easy, no interesting photos. More details about that here

Several simple light upgrades came after that, including ambient lights in the courtesy light...

IMG_20160523_214934.jpg

...twin LED boot lights...

IMG_20160602_202530.jpg

...front LED footwell lighting...

IMG_20160804_084025.jpg

...LED vanity lights, after having an A1 courtesy car with them fitted. They are quite bright and give a whiter light than the originals, without having a blue tint...

VanityCompared_zpskyr4usan.JPG

...an LED glove box light...

GloveBoxLED2_zps333lntjd.JPG

...and door puddle and warning lights

1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,020 Posts
One of the next things I did was to fit rear parking sensors. I was lucky enough to find a rear facelift bumper in good condition in the right colour, complete with the sensors and loom. All I had to do was wire up the module in the boot

Guide to the install

These before and after photos show the difference it made

IMG_20160709_202419.jpg

SAM_2243.JPG

At some point I noticed a large crack along the bottom of the windscreen near where the wipers rest. I wasn't sure how long it had been there for as it wasn't visible from inside, but then I realised that it was an ideal time to fit something I had been missing since my previous car: automatic headlights, wipers and dimming rear view mirror.

Not the easiest thing to fit but well worth the effort in my opinion. My guide for that is here

Standard mirror:
IMG_20170205_152843.jpg

Anti dazzle with rain/light sensor in base:
IMG_20170419_185509.jpg

Finally, a bit of interior bling in the form of aluminium trimmed window switches from the R8. I like subtle touches like these, they really improve the look of the interior. Part numbers are here

20180716_182602.jpg

20180716_190003.jpg

20180913_190209.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Audi direct is probably cheapest, that's what I found anyway. Bonus is that they are also new

There is a similar mirror switch, that was fitted to later MK2s, I'll post a pic when I add the folding mirrors to this thread

I'm gradually catching up with the things I've done over the past few years!

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,020 Posts
I did several upgrades to the wing mirrors. First of these was power folding, useful for keeping them protected. Unfortunately they have to be folded using the switch, rather that when locked. However, these is another retrofit for this which I'll attempt at some point. My guide for this is here

2.jpg

While I had the mirrors apart, I swapped the glass for the anti-dazzle version, and wired them into the rear view mirror. My guide is here

20180405_085211.jpg

Finally was the curb view feature for the passenger side, when in reverse gear. As far as I know this was a first for the MK2 TT, though I got the information from an A3 forum. My guide is here

Attachments

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,020 Posts
And a small mod for the passenger door, a locking button. This was factory fitted in some countries and in others, like the UK, a blanking piece was fitted. Not a big deal but why no have the functionality there since it is so easy. It's also quite a long way to reach the drivers door for the passenger, if needed when parked etc. My guide is here

20180625_185950.jpg

20180625_190032.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nope but it only goes to the door module so it's not very hard. Just requires the right pins and connector

Nothing is prewired unfortunately

1 - 20 of 116 Posts