Audi TT Forum banner
121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Thanks. Unfortunately I can't take credit for doing the immobiliser and mileage coding on this myself, but I agree it's a big improvement

·
Registered
TT Mk2 VR6 3.6L & TT Mk1 1.8t Frankenturbo
2,127 Posts
It's the only downside for now, I know it can be fixed, just need to work it out. The whole lap timer screen can be coded out bit I've left it on for now, but you've probably gathered I'm a bit of a perfectionist and it annoys me that it is there, so it will be sorted at some point don't worry!
You should be able to remove the laptimer menu in VCDS. 17 - insruments. and i THINK it's in coding or adaptations. Ther'es a "special functions" menu where you enter in 1 or 0 toactivate/deactivate.

Cluster looks great by the way!!!

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Today I managed to remove the boost gauge while maintaining the lap timer screen with the oil temperature. Everything works properly now, and the top line of the DIS just shows the radio info as on other screens

Car Speedometer Vehicle Automotive design Gauge

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·

·
Registered
2008 TTS
1,561 Posts
Today I managed to remove the boost gauge while maintaining the lap timer screen with the oil temperature. Everything works properly now, and the top line of the DIS just shows the radio info as on other screens

View attachment 480208
You are definitely becoming the new rettroTT
Clever work as ever this

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
amazing work @MT-V6 just spent some time reading through this whole thread lovin the OEM Plus mods cant wait to get my TT!
Thanks, all part of the fun. It's probably one of the highest spec TTs now, excluding mechanical modifications

Reactions: barry_m2 and rasA4

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
There was only one, in 2010 I think

Lots of small model year changes though

Reactions: rasA4

·
Registered
943 Posts
To be clear, there's no way to add the boost gauge to a car that doesn't have it (but has the white/facelift cluster), right? Or did you do all this by actually uploading different s/w to the cluster? Just wondering if it can be added some how to a TT-S which doesn't have it but I think the answer is the same--you actually have to change the cluster software to do this?

Then again I think the boost gauge is relative anyway so on a tuned car it will max out at peak factory boost instead of your real max boost (granted on a TT-S it's only a few PSI difference I believe)...

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
On a white cluster it could be added in the reverse of what I did. I only changed the cluster as I had a red one that didn't support high beam assist

The software doesn't need changing but the eeprom needs changing direct to the PCB via a clip with connection to laptop, can't be done in the car unfortunately

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Not very interesting but adding for information purposes for others. I recently replaced the fuel filter, I do this every 3 years. This time I notices the clamp screw wasn't looking good, and then a few days later there was a thread on here about a rounded one, so thought it would be good to replace.

Part number is N 904 968 02 and this is the difference between new and old:

Plant Wood Grass Twig Terrestrial plant

Worth replacing with the filter to avoid the hassle it could cause if it gets stuck

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Quattro Roadster
12,789 Posts
@ MT-V6 - Nice bit of additional information. (y) I've added it to the post in the KB. Click here.
Do you think it might be worth going with a stainless steel equivalent to avoid frequently having to replace them?

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Possibly if you can find one in the right size. Though this one was from 2007 and was about 30p to replace, so it didn't do too badly :D

121 - 140 of 172 Posts