Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I Have never seen TT with this much spec on it, I priced it up on Audi and it's like £6,700 of extras. The price is above the normal for a 57 but it's an ex doctors car, it just like new inside and out. The only thing that pissed me off with the dealers and since they sell a lot of TT's they should know, told me it did not need the cambelt doing, just not true, it's 5 years old, we all know it's 75K or 5 years. Apart from that its very nice but lets here your thoughts please.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...96gb/radius/1501/page/1/keywords/tt?logcode=p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
The car itself looks very nice. As you mentioned it does seem a little pricey for a 57 plate. Make sure the wheels are oem as the black centre caps may suggest otherwise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,416 Posts
The only extra that adds value is SatNav and this hasn't got it.

My dad always said don't buy a doctor's car as they do lots of short journeys. I don't think they do house calls any more, but maybe the rule still holds.

It's not that high spec. Yes, it has power seats and very expensive red/black leather, but there's no nav. It just looks overpriced for a 5 year old car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
wja96 said:
The only extra that adds value is SatNav and this hasn't got it.

My dad always said don't buy a doctor's car as they do lots of short journeys. I don't think they do house calls any more, but maybe the rule still holds.

It's not that high spec. Yes, it has power seats and very expensive red/black leather, but there's no nav. It just looks overpriced for a 5 year old car.
+1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Hi, this exact car was on ebay a few days ago and i contacted the couple selling the car. seems very coincidental that it has the exact same spec as well. they were selling for £13,999 and i offered £12,500 which they declined albeit i did mention the cambelt and 40k service that will be due. They also mentioned they had been offered a price from trade so this must be the car, i still have the reg number which is MD57 XST. If it is the same car then it's waaaaay overpriced by the dealer as you could've got it cheaper. Yes it has big spec but the wheels are replicas and cambelt due in Nov if my memory serves right. I've been searching for 4 months for a TT and was close to getting it but for the price you could get an 08/09 plate private. hope the info helps :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OMG
What a small world we live in, Thank you so much for pointing this out, it is the same car and I bet they paid around 13k-13500 max.

I could tell you all about all the small BS things and how adamant the sales guy was that the MK II TT do NOT need a cam-belt at 5 years 75K.

We are walking away big time.

Thanks again for taking the time to post and showing us all this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,642 Posts
Hi, we have one for sale which he may be interested in. See my signature for details and link.

Cheers,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,715 Posts
Well overpriced you did well to walk away.

Although the spec is decent compared to most TT's (which are pretty std) it is not exactly huge, no RNS E, CC, lighting pack etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mcmoody said:
Hi, we have one for sale which he may be interested in. See my signature for details and link.

Cheers,
I showed him your car and the truth is, your TT is perfect in every way. He went for Black because white is so hard to get.
But and sadly big buts
He needs a part exchange for his Black Astra sport that's a 60 plate
Your miles away from us in Nottingham.

He does not need finance. The price is fine.
If there is a way round all this then he is all ears.

Could you e-mail me more photos please, the inside etc
[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Nyxx said:
OMG
What a small world we live in, Thank you so much for pointing this out, it is the same car and I bet they paid around 13k-13500 max.

I could tell you all about all the small BS things and how adamant the sales guy was that the MK II TT do NOT need a cam-belt at 5 years 75K.

We are walking away big time.

Thanks again for taking the time to post and showing us all this.
Certainly is a small world and it's my pleasure to assist. And FYI the previous owner certainly wasn't a doctor!! Unbeleivable the lengths sales people will go to flog a car, and they've hiked the price up massivley!! hope your son manages to find the right one and my search still continues...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
I still don't get why guys on here have such a thing about replica wheels. Its a load of tosh. If you like the look of the wheels then its your personal choice. If no one bought other wheels there wouldn't be anyone selling them. They don't have to be genuine parts to do the job. Do you buy the exact tyres the car came out the factory with and use audi screen wash and oil. Its nonsense.

Its a nice car but not worth anywhere near that price in my opinion. I like the seats though. Something a bit different. Just like the wheels. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
bionicbiceps said:
Nyxx said:
OMG
What a small world we live in, Thank you so much for pointing this out, it is the same car and I bet they paid around 13k-13500 max.

I could tell you all about all the small BS things and how adamant the sales guy was that the MK II TT do NOT need a cam-belt at 5 years 75K.

We are walking away big time.

Thanks again for taking the time to post and showing us all this.
Certainly is a small world and it's my pleasure to assist. And FYI the previous owner certainly wasn't a doctor!! Unbeleivable the lengths sales people will go to flog a car, and they've hiked the price up massivley!! hope your son manages to find the right one and my search still continues...
Surely if it were a doctor it would say Dr whatever their name was on the V5 as most docs tend to use that title once they've earned it. I hate dealing with car dealers especially used car dealers. They will tell you anything and must thing were all daft.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,416 Posts
The thing about replica wheels on a car I'm buying is that real ones are £3000 new, copies are £400, proper replicas might be £1200. If I'm buying them, I want to know what value to place on them. I don't have an issue with aftermarket wheels, I do like to know what I'm buying.

And yes, I use VAG quantum oil and VAG screen wash. It's very good screen wash!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,715 Posts
Racdavid said:
I still don't get why guys on here have such a thing about replica wheels. Its a load of tosh. If you like the look of the wheels then its your personal choice. If no one bought other wheels there wouldn't be anyone selling them. They don't have to be genuine parts to do the job. Do you buy the exact tyres the car came out the factory with and use audi screen wash and oil. Its nonsense.
A lot or replica wheels will have no stamp on them telling you the manufacturer, why? .... because they are cheap and nasty Chinese crap - heavier, weaker and a finish that does not last compared to OE wheels.

A replica made by a decent manufacturer (normally one who makes OE wheels for another marque) is fine in my book, just as are a handful of other makers of after market wheels, who turn out some decent rims, these will ALL hake the manufacturer stamped or cast into them though, some others should be avoided like the plague though.

I would happily use:
BBS
Borbet
Compomotive
Dare
OZ
Revolution
Rial
Ronal
Speedline

There are others but all of the above either make OE wheels for someone or have proved themselves in rallying.

(BBS is a difficult one though, as there are soooo many BBS reps around that to the uneducated look almost identical to the originals, even down to the name BBS being cast into the wheels!)

Yes I also use VAG screenwash, as it's :
Good
Smells OK
Is fine for the fan jet nozzles.
Is not expensive.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top