Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've lusted after a TT for years and actually joined the forum last year with a view to buying a TTRS. However, plans changed and I stuck with my B7 RS4 (which is by far the best car I've owned to date). Anyway, I've finally bitten the bullet and decided to get rid of the RS4 as I fancy a change. So I drove it up to Norfolk yesterday as respected forum member neilc (http://www.norfolkperformancecarsales.co.uk/) is selling it on my behalf.

Whilst I was up there, I had the pleasure of the first ever passenger ride in Neil's new V6 to the train station, and what a lovely car it is. Looks stunning in the flesh - particularly with the 2-tone Pole Positions. It sounds fantastic too, and feels like it's got more power than the 280ish bhp that Neil says it's pushing out.

Anyway, now that the RS4 is up for sale, I needed some new wheels, so at least for the time being I've bought a 225 coupe. There are a couple of minor niggles I need to get sorted, but for a 12 year old car it's in really good condition. Here are a few pics of how it looks at the moment:

I'm personally not a fan of the wheels - they're nice but just not my sort of thing as I prefer the OEM look. So, they'll be coming off on Friday to be replaced by 9-spoke RS4 style wheels. The wheels in the pics (Inovit DTM) will then be appearing in the For Sale section if anyone's interested.

Will post some more pics when I've got my wheels on. No plans for any mods yet…but never say never!

Cheers,

Sevy

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Welcome to the TT forum....the friendly knowledgeable place of all things TT... :)

So what made you want to change form one of the best cars audi ever made? :roll:

Damien.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome Damien.... :)

TTSPORT666 said:
So what made you want to change form one of the best cars audi ever made? :roll:
Well after driving it almost 200 miles yesterday to Neil's place, I was starting to question "what the hell am I doing letting the RS4 go?" as it is a truly fantastic car. But, I'm 40 at the end of the year & decided I want to treat myself to something different if funds will allow, plus I've had the RS4 for 3 years and want a change...even if I might regret it!

So I'm selling the RS4 now in the hope that by the end of the year prices will have come down a little further and I can satisfy a Porsche itch that needs scratching. That said, I'm loving the TT so far so might decide to keep it a bit longer term!

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Ahh now i understand Sevy... :p Are you thinking 911.... The TT is a great little bug to have in the meantime :) And with some carefully chosen mods can be a really fun capable car. :) I'm sure Neil gave you some pointers. :)

Damien.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
jamman said:
Always say what I think so....

Why the hell are you selling the RS4 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
midlife crisis gone wrong me thinks.... [smiley=freak.gif] :lol:

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
Tritium said:
jamman said:

Er because he wants to? :?

Brian
I know Brian trouble is I think I know 5 people who sold their RS4s and everyone of them regretted it they are a stunning car.

TTs are so cheap now I would be tempted to have both.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
jamman said:
I know Brian trouble is I think I know 5 people who sold their RS4s and everyone of them regretted it they are a stunning car.

Agree with the sentiments you express James. I was trying to be ironic, but maybe I didn't express it too clearly.

Brian

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
Tritium said:
jamman said:

Agree with the sentiments you express James. I was trying to be ironic, but maybe I didn't express it too clearly.

Brian
No I'm sure you did just I had just come in from a long call out so was prob being a little "fick"

·
Registered
10,704 Posts
Hi Si , good to see some pics of the TT and I am sure it will make a great car whilst you wait for the right 911 to show itself.

And many thanks for the positive comments about my car , I love it :D And the ride height is sorted now , went up 5mm and its now perfect on any type of road.

P.s The RS4 looks awesome now its been valeted :wink:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i like the tt, same year as mine. same colour. 8) 8)

but please! get rid of that "Arial", the tt badge thats not on straight, and the mirrors... are the actually chrome/metal?

i like the wheels, but i guess they would be a keeper if they where 18".

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
just had a look at the RS4 on norfolk performance... is it that light blue one? LOVE THAT COLOUR!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TTSPORT666 said:
Ahh now i understand Sevy... :p Are you thinking 911.... The TT is a great little bug to have in the meantime :) And with some carefully chosen mods can be a really fun capable car. :) I'm sure Neil gave you some pointers. :)
Yes Damien - I'm thinking 911 turbo if I can pull enough money together!

And yes, Neil did give me some tips for subtle mods - he's so passionate about Audis & TT's in particular that after a 40 minute ride in his V6 he had me wondering what I should do first! I'm going to leave it as is for now though, and depending on how long I think I'll end up keeping it may consider some mods a bit later...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jamman said:
Tritium said:
jamman said:

Er because he wants to? :?

Brian

You're actually probably both right...

Brian - yes I fancy a change

James - yes I may well regret letting the RS4 go - I'll admit to having doubts. But I won't know unless I try... I also know lots of RS4 owners who've regretted changing, but I also know plenty who've changed and not regretted it. And if my plan to end up in a 911 turbo comes off, then I'll be in an even more stunning car (IMO)... :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
neilc said:
Hi Si , good to see some pics of the TT and I am sure it will make a great car whilst you wait for the right 911 to show itself.

P.s The RS4 looks awesome now its been valeted :wink:
Cheers Neil - yes I saw the pics of my RS4 on your website but know full well that it'll look loads better in the flesh...so you're the lucky one for now :wink:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Charlesuk said:
i like the tt, same year as mine. same colour. 8) 8)
Thanks Charles - we both have good taste then.... :)

Charlesuk said:
but please! get rid of that "Arial", the tt badge thats not on straight, and the mirrors... are the actually chrome/metal?
Hmmm, not sure what to do about the fake aerial - I had thought about taking it off but don't want to leave a sticky mess on the roof...or worse damage the paint underneath...it doesn't bother me that much so may leave it. Same goes for the mirrors - they're actually chrome covers and again I'm reluctant to take them off & risk damaging the paintwork underneath. I actually quite like them anyway, but each to their own eh!

As for the badge, I hadn't even noticed that it wasn't straight, but I will do now that you've pointed it out & it will probably bug me. Thanks! :wink:

Charlesuk said:
i like the wheels, but i guess they would be a keeper if they where 18".
They are 18's - I'm just not that keen on that style of wheel so am replacing them with 18" 9-spoke RS4 replicas..

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Charlesuk said:
just had a look at the RS4 on norfolk performance... is it that light blue one? LOVE THAT COLOUR!
Thanks - as Neil has already commented, yes that's the one - sprint blue pearlescent. I think originally it was an 'RS-only' colour although Audi later spread it through their range so it's no longer exclusive to RS's. Looks fantastic in the sun when it's clean :)

·
Registered
868 Posts
sevy said:
Yes Damien - I'm thinking 911 turbo if I can pull enough money together!
Hi Sevy - Are you thinking 997 or 996 turbo? Both are rocket ship quick either way, not that the RS4 is slow. I don't think you'd regret it.

I had previously thought I would go for an RS4 B7 next but personally looking to get a 996 C4S - turbo bodied but 'only' 325 bhp. Always wanted a 911 myself so I'd have to say go give it a go. You only live once…

1 - 20 of 28 Posts